Chronicles of Riddick C-19 Undercutter Build

Thanks Larsen, ya you definitely get a feeling of satisfaction seeing it all come together.
Need to stay focused on this build. I have a curse. I bounce from project to project and rarely build one straight through. Always going from one to another and back. Think I have 5 builds on the bench at the moment.
I thought that was how everybody did it?! I think I have 10 projects going.

My record is the ertl speeder bike, I logged it around with me for 20 years... Painted and 90 % finished.

I just recently finished it, repainted it to mach the model better, and finally finished the trooper as well...

I thought that was how everybody did it?! I think I have 10 projects going.

My record is the ertl speeder bike, I logged it around with me for 20 years... Painted and 90 % finished.

I just recently finished it, repainted it to mach the model better, and finally finished the trooper as well...
Lol yes I guess your right. I have a y-wing mostly painted. Also an X-wing, an N 1, a Death star turret, PG Falcon and the Undercutter all ready for assembly on the bench. Oh and forgot my 350 Enterprise. Good times ahead.

A speeder bike would be a cool project. Be fun to scatch build a design. Congrats on getting yours completed. Photo?

20220905_190311.jpg

20220827_155825.jpg

Slow progress lately. I'm slackin.

Last edited:
View attachment 1618214View attachment 1618215

Plugging away here. More work on the Aileron/Air brakes. Did most of the rough shaping with a file and finished it with a Microlux Micro Sander. These little sanders make quick work of small jobs or tight areas.

View attachment 1618216View attachment 1618217
That looks superb man! Great workmanship.

It's great that you're sharing your proces, it's fascinating.

Especially since I can't seem to get my but in gear and go work on my own stuff.

Thanx for sharing.

That looks superb man! Great workmanship.

It's great that you're sharing your proces, it's fascinating.

Especially since I can't seem to get my but in gear and go work on my own stuff.

Thanx for sharing.
Thx Larsen. I'll try and take more construction picks. Hoping to make some progress on the ship this weekend.

20220924_162858.jpg

Little more progress this afternoon. Finally finished cleaning up the cut outs for the upper hatch and airbrakes. I then went ahead and framed in the hatch (If that's what it is. Could just be some panel?). Down below are a few photos of that completed section.

Within my lifetime of modeling, I wonder how many hours I've wasted just trying to find better ways to sand things. Below are the primary items I use these days.

20220924_163206.jpg

20220924_183808.jpg

20220925_153310.jpg

Last edited:
Super update bro...

Nice to see it's moving on. It's sometimes hard keep up the MOJO.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the process and the image of your tools.

I totally agree... the search for the process sometimes takes a lot of time.

I have a new BSG on the shelf, trying to rebuild the paneling by sanding away the material between the ribs... It's a nightmare. Atm I'm stuck on the flight pods and the sideribs on the head.

Anyway, this thing looks so cool. Superb work.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back