Chronicle Collectibles JP Cryocan

When I was replying to your initial post the last line was not in there.

The “Proof “ has been covered in Dallas newspapers

Are you talking about the night vision goggles? Because those went up for preorder last April with an expected delivery of summer 2019. So not a 3 year delay.

IDK, I can't find anything on who the current owner for Chronicle Collectibles is. I'm not even sure this Herbert Brown fellow is even involved with Chronicle. He's not mentioned anywhere in their website, nor can I find his name anywhere online that has to do with Chronicle. The article mentioned in the email makes no mention that he owns Chronicle, nor does the PDF affidavit included with the email. It implicates Herbert Brown in the medical fraud, but seems to make no mention of Chronicle anywhere. In fact, this whole fraud case is from 2017, and Brown was found guilty. If he had anything to do with Chronicle at any time, I would assume he no longer does.

I stand corrected I thought when they teased them at comic-con in 2016 was when they started the pre-orders.

Pre-orders were April 2018 now scheduled for next year so 2 years now.

Are you talking about the night vision goggles? Because those went up for preorder last April with an expected delivery of summer 2019. So not a 3 year delay.

I'm pretty sure original delivery date was actually end of 2018, at the time i planned on paying the rest of my payments early becuse they were going to drag out to april. Then it went to 1st quarter 2019 because i remember saying, "perfect just in time for my birthday, then it got bumped to 3rd qtr 2019. They were already showing these at comicon 2016 although they admitted they were Rylos they were showing.

Edit i think my memory is failing and was actually 1st qtr this year.

Last edited:
I have three replicas from FE and they all experienced at least one delay. From three months to almost a year. Master replicas we’re always delayed. It just stinks because companies like efx and Anovos have set an ugly precedent for non-delivery.

At least chronicle has gotten ahead of the game and addressed these concerns. Something that took Anovos 4 years to work out and they ended up blaming customers for the delays and lack of product funding.

Where is the proof Apollo?

"Almost a year" doesn't even approach how late the Mead blaster is at this point.

I'm pretty sure original delivery date was actually end of 2018, at the time i planned on paying the rest of my payments early becuse they were going to drag out to april. Then it went to 1st quarter 2019 because i remember saying, "perfect just in time for my birthday, then it got bumped to 3rd qtr 2019. They were already showing these at comicon 2016 although they admitted they were Rylos they were showing.

Edit i think my memory is failing and was actually 1st qtr this year.

Yeah, Q1 2019 was the original projected release date because I did a payment plan that ended in January for that reason.

Somebody earlier said they refunded them but let them keep their spot, I wouldn't mind doing that if they offer, but I'd rather not have the money tied up and keep having it pushed back. I'll probably just use it for an RS Red V or something.

I got my refund back, Heather at Chronicle was very nice about it. She didn't offer to let me keep my spot, but did say there should be more available when they do finally release them and if not, they will have a waiting list for more. I'd be less apprehensive of getting on a list after the first batch actually ships. We'll see. I did really really want those goggles.

Mmm, following this thread with great interest. Didn't order anything from CC yet, because I got all Rylo versions of what they sell (Hammond Cane, Goggles, Cryocan,...). Their version of the cryocan looked interesting, though, since it had the correct little details that were still a bit off in Rylo's version I have (the shape of the outer can, for instance). But now that I read all this, I'm glad I didn't place a pre-order...

My friend just informed me that Big Bad Toy Store has the cans available for preorder. No payment due until it's ready to ship so I put one in. Unfortunately no goggles though which is kind of a bummer.

Edit: They do have the goggles but they're under Toynami instead of Chronicle Collectibles. That one requires a $90 non-refundable deposit though so I'll be holding off on that.

Whenever I hear "non refundable deposit" I immediately steer clear. That just tells me I've lost that money unless they actually produce, and even then I'm at the mercy of whatever timeline they choose to deliver regardless of what they've promised previously.

The non refundable bit is if you change your mind and don't pay it off. If Chronicle doesn't come through then you'll get your money back.

Yeah, I have no doubt I’d get my money back from BBTS if Chronicle cancelled. I just don’t want any more money tied up on the goggles for who knows how long, and then if I get tired of waiting with BBTS, then I do end up having to eat the $90.

I just requested a cancellation on the Syd Mead Concept Blade Runner Blaster. I'm hoping I won't have any issues getting a refund from Chronicle Collectibles.

I ordered my Syd Mead Blade Runner Concept Blaster through Sideshow Collectibles back in June of 2018. The original ship date was supposed to be December 2018, so I went with a payment plan. I just requested a cancellation (via helpdesk ticket) and demanded my money and my deposit back because they have failed to meet their promised ship times. They are saying the blaster won't ship until March of 2020. TWO YEARS? And honestly, I don't believe they will ship at that time. Even if I cancel and lose the $25 I'd be happier without the product. This reminds me of the fiasco I've had with Anovos, a company I will NEVER buy from again. I told Sideshow that this puts into question whether or not I will every buy anything from them or through them again. It just feels like the Anovos scam wherein they take your money to fund their daily operations and then take 4 years to FAIL to ship product. Never again. If it's not in stock, I'm not buying it...and even then I'd rather buy from sellers on the second hand market...at least then you know the product is in-hand. I'm so fed up and frustrated with the pre-order model that I honestly will never do it again.

Last edited:
I received my refund on the blaster. The customer service was great. I feel bad for cancelling but I had to make a choice. In all fairness, for me, it wasn't about the money and I suppose I could have just kept waiting.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back