Chewbacca ROTS (completed)

Re: Chewbacca ROTS (work in progress)

great sculpt, it does kinda look like Ron Pearlman, heh. I would say I think the nose needs to be a little bigger. Looks great! :thumbsup

The end of latch hooking the suit is nigh!!!! Need to add a little more brown mix to cover up some of the grey around the waist area, reckon another 4 to 5 hours should do it.

The arms have taken a lot longer because I am latching every second loop for the most part or even every loop in some areas. The hair will need some trimming and thinning out because of this.

Shirtnearcomplete.jpg

Any person who makes this and does a Good looking Wookie Has to be a Master craftsman this has to be the hardest Build ever !! Good Luck! This is not in me to try.

awsome work going off here! main reason i joined the forum after lurking and watching this topic.
hope you have been practicing your chewie vocals :lol

awsome work going off here! main reason i joined the forum after lurking and watching this topic.
hope you have been practicing your chewie vocals :lol

I'm useless at Chewie sounds, think I'll need to use my RomFX.

Waiting on the head, Dougie. The face is the one thing very very very few people get right. After all of that fantastic work on the bodysuit, I have high hopes the head turns out as good as the suit.

Waiting on the head, Dougie. The face is the one thing very very very few people get right. After all of that fantastic work on the bodysuit, I have high hopes the head turns out as good as the suit.

Have just moulded the actual face today in jesmonite and removed it from the sculpt with minimal damage. Going to do a trial latex cast to clean out the mould and to use it for sizing up the underskull details.

The next step will be to work backwards in making the underskull, will post pics when I have something worth showing.

this is really amazing stuff

out of interest
how much would you charge for one of these to be made with all the hours you put in ?

look forward to seeing it finished

this is really amazing stuff

out of interest
how much would you charge for one of these to be made with all the hours you put in ?

look forward to seeing it finished

Well so far on just the trousers and shirt alone it's in excess of 60+ hours, that doesn't include the brushing, trimming and styling that will have to be done!

As for the mask, I have being toying around with that for months, trying to figure out the best way to make the eye sockets allow maximum visibilty whilst fitting the majority of people, also the jaw to be articulated in such a way that the mask would fit anyone.

I'm still back and forth on whether to except commissions or just churn out a few and put them up on the Bay. I definitely want to make more but whether I want to take on the pressure of a commission or just work at my own pace is yet to be decided!
It's very difficult to say at this point the costs, I want them to be reasonable without being excessive but I don't want to sell myself short either, I won't know for sure until I finish my own.

Also as far as I'm concerned it will all be in vain if the mask doesn't look right, but I'm extremely happy with the results so far, in fact I'm thrilled!!
Will post pics when I have the first proper casting done.

The suit looks phenomonal! The definitive part of a "great" wookie is definitely the head. Good luck, you're doing awesome so far!!

All you guys working on Chewy costumes has inspired me as well. Only, I'll just be working on a face/head display. I need one to go along with the rest of my helmets. Hope mine turns out half as decent.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back