Chewbacca Bandolier, new measurements.

asavage

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey kids.

A while back I was treated to some excellently correct measurements for Chewy's ANH bandolier. I spent time extrapolating the information I logged into a drawing. I share that drawing here. These measurements are quite different from the measurements that are currently out there. These boxes are smaller by a fair bit. The SECOND i put on this bandolier I became convinced that they're dead accurate. This isn't that weird bandolier from ESB, but as to exactly which bandolier from which film, I'm sorry I can't remember.

But I think the smaller boxes makes my chewie suit look much taller and leaner than it used to. Remember to credit me please if you post this elsewhere.

Chewy Bandolier.jpg

I don't know my chewie costume, but he's right about the boxes overlapping, if this is the right one
Screen Shot 2021-04-15 at 12.34.41 PM.png

Great drawing, asavage! It's funny that you posted this now as Uncharted Leather and I have been working through creating an accurate pattern for the ANH Chewie bandolier along with the dimensions for the boxes over the past few weeks. It would seem that the bandolier that was the source of the measurements and details provided to you is the one photographed for the Star Wars Costumes book:

CostumesBookBandolier.jpg

So this bandolier differs from the ANH version in a few respects. Perhaps the most major difference is the overall length of the bandolier strap and the number of boxes. The ANH bandolier has 10 larger boxes and 9 smaller boxes and has some extra space at the ends of the strap for the microphone element greeblies. You can get the gist of it from this photo of the ANH bandolier laid out with the Chewie costume:

ANHbandolier.jpg

We've also determined that the smaller boxes on the ANH bandolier are found part die cast aluminum project boxes from RS Components in the UK and are a little bit longer than the larger boxes and therefore overhang the bandolier strap a little bit more. (y)

Man, that is awesome of you to share your measurement... especially in a detailed drawing like that! Thank you!!!

Thanks for the kind words about the drawing. It's a working sketch, I've just not gotten around to doing a finish version. It's this drawing that made it clear to me all I am ever trying to do is draw exploded diagrams like the ones from mid-century popular mechanics issues.
I've always wanted to turn it into a poster. Someday maybe.

I'll DM you

MastahBlastah

Hey kids.

A while back I was treated to some excellently correct measurements for Chewy's ANH bandolier. I spent time extrapolating the information I logged into a drawing. I share that drawing here. These measurements are quite different from the measurements that are currently out there. These boxes are smaller by a fair bit. The SECOND i put on this bandolier I became convinced that they're dead accurate. This isn't that weird bandolier from ESB, but as to exactly which bandolier from which film, I'm sorry I can't remember.

But I think the smaller boxes makes my chewie suit look much taller and leaner than it used to. Remember to credit me please if you post this elsewhere.

View attachment 1447017
I love this!!!!!!

So glad I found this!

Been itching to make a Chewy bandolier for awhile now, and just sent some aluminum to be cut for the boxes.

But it looks like I will have to revise them!

Thanks for sharing.

**Edit to attach a pic of a first pass on the purse with the measurements (as close as I could muster anyhow)**

Attachments

• 850B830C-9BFE-4BE3-89ED-BACFAEEFB92C.jpeg
    850B830C-9BFE-4BE3-89ED-BACFAEEFB92C.jpeg
    420.5 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:
Hey kids.

View attachment 1447017
You don't mind if I print this for my shop wall do you ?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back