Check out my new stuff!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(trekprops.de @ Jan 26 2007, 09:07 PM) [snapback]1405501[/snapback]</div>
Thanks for the info, SG. I've been on that site before but didn't bookmark it. :unsure That set is pretty expensive indeed, but maybe one day... :D

androidandy, do you happen to have a spare one of these...

raktajino_mug_quarks_6970.jpg

...in purple? If you do, please PM me. I'd be interested in purchasing it. :angel
[/b]

sorry just a green and a grey one...I might have a white one, but I think that is a hotjoe mug. I see them all the time and will keep an eye out for you. I have what pretty much amounts to a collection of the hot joes.

Correction...I do have an extra one of these in Indigo...allmost a purple..

Pics to come

here are the Ractagino type...the grey and green one I use regularly so are a bit dirty....the blue one is actually more indigo purple in color...
HPIM0057.jpg

These are some of my Hot Jo mugs and I also use these often...sorry I need to clean them badly. The white one I do not use and is pretty clean...
HPIM0056.jpg

I bring them in my truck and they get left in there untill I bring them all in and give them a good soaking.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rabittooth @ Jan 27 2007, 12:55 PM) [snapback]1405849[/snapback]</div>
raktajino_mug_replimat_6949.jpg

I've been interested in one of these for years.
Is there really NO markings of any kind on this mug?

Thanks.
-R
[/b]

I see these at thrift stores all the time too. I never thought they were all that cool or unique looking on their own, which is why I buy them in the first place and find out later they were props. I even had the Bodum set with a cofee presspot before TNG came out. I recognized them imediately...same with the Hot Jo' mugs which were used in TNG too.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(androidandy @ Jan 27 2007, 09:48 PM) [snapback]1406229[/snapback]</div>
I see these at thrift stores all the time too. I never thought they were all that cool or unique looking on their own, which is why I buy them in the first place and find out later they were props. I even had the Bodum set with a cofee presspot before TNG came out. I recognized them imediately...same with the Hot Jo' mugs which were used in TNG too.
[/b]

Really? Jeez...if anyone sees these in a store, could you pick up 2 to 4 of them for me? I'll zip out a paypal to ya ASAP. I use my HotJo mugs everyday and the bodum occasionally. But my fav mug has always been this one from the replimat. :D

-Rabittooth

Re: Check out my new stuff!

Hi,
I've done a lot of research about these mugs and glasses and I'll tell you the background because it won't actually increase your chances of finding them :)

I've even spoken with a former member of the paramount art department on this subject. Here's what I know (then what I have :)

Nearly ALL the glassware from DS9 came from Pier 1 Imports, except the Mugs. The glasses in Quark's bar are candle holders (held upside down). The small divot on the underside of the tall clear glasses were supposed to hold a small circular candle. These are long gone and I've never found any intack. The Kanar bottles are actually a well used design throughout history but the specific bottles they got for the show were also Pier 1 products, empted out. However that same bottle design has been used in at least 3 sizes in Wine bottles as well for 40+ years.

I have the Kannar bottles in two sizes, and in the smallest size I've managed to get purple, blue, green, and clear...there are rumors that yellow and red exists...I've not seen it yet.

Here are the pictures I have handy on my computer for the colored Kannar bottles (notice the label region), I have a quite a few in clear...I'll accept offers for clear bottles since I should have about 6 of them: I spent a lot of money to get the purple ones from an art gallery in Argentina (through eBay) that claimed they were from the 1940's...I don't have info on what they held originally though)

IMG_0358 1.JPGIMG_3313.JPG

Now, onto the Mugs...they (and their design) started in the late 80's by a company called Feltman Langer, which in '93 was bought by a company called Americaware...which 2 years later then when bankrupt. Feltment langer had been in business for at least 20+ years, I think.... The design for the Quark's bar burgundy mug and the replimat sky-blue mug were well used by advertisers in the late 80's and very early 90's for printing custom company mugs. A very common design. I was told by an former art department member that paramount custom ordered a large batch with custom colors for the show. Which is why you'll have trouble finding solid colored mugs in this style...I was told the sky-blue replimat mugs were a custom color and not normally made by feltman langer...so whoever has one...it's RARE. It's actually the last mug I need!

Now in case you weren't aware HotJo DID share the same design (rebranding) but after Americaware purchased feltman langer Hotjo changed the design to be similar but different. So original hotJo mugs are the same! I have ONE original-line HotJo matching Quark's bar design/color mug that was found at Church sale 3 years ago that was new and never used with the plastic top (my hand is covering the divot on the handle in both pictures):

IMG_1320.JPGIMG_1321.JPG

This is an exact match both in color (in real life) and the pattern with the older rim and divot handle.... And no, unless you're offering me a lot of money or precious metal I won't sell this :) But this proves that they were made for mass consumption. So the original hotjo mugs ARE rebranded feltman langers up until the mid 90's then they changed the design and it's no longer correct.

Also I was lucky enough to purchase an "Ops" mug from the art department member myself . She said it was from the 7th season and couldn't prove screen use but it's in great shape. This is the mug the Ops replicators give out...think what Dax and O'Brien used while in Ops:
IMG_0365.JPG

I've seen these with starbucks logos on ebay frequently.

Lastly, just for bragging rights, I got and framed for safe keeping the last of the reference design (equipment) vinyl stickers sold through the same person I bought the Ops mug from but held originally by the art director for the show (sold on his behalf):
IMG_0320 1.JPGIMG_0321 1.JPG

I have most of the silverware I want and the glassware. I don't have any picard glassware and I don't have a replimat mug in blue (I have two in Copper/Pink). I don't have any of the plates from the show...those have zero info behind them as a Pier 1 product.

I love seeing everyday items from Star Trek during my day. It allows me to connect with my memories of the show and childhood through simple household items. I love this kind of collecting because you can get a high-quality duplicate of many of the show's items and they are exactly the same! I hope we'll see more info if this posting revitalizes the thread.

Have a great day,

-Josh

Attachments

• IMG_0321 1.JPG
    IMG_0321 1.JPG
    883.5 KB · Views: 76
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back