Cheap training remote alternative (alarm clock)?

Doesn't look completely round to me. More ovoid, plus is the bottom attached to that base or would you have to replace that too? Otherwise, looks kind of cool.

I think that is a photoshop'ed image for concept purposes and not the final product.

When I first saw this earlier today, I first thought that it might have been an early leaked image of Thinkgeek.com's annual April Fools fake products. But since the websites have nothing to do with thinkgeek and people are taking pre-pay, it seems to be a legitimate product.

But like I said, the current image looks like they used either an image of an MR remote and manipulated it... so I intend to wait till the item is stocked to see if there are any differences.

Here is what I believe is the original image:

549_1.jpg
WESSTAR143.png

It pretty much came out to what I imagined it'd be. I've seen "nerf" alarm clock type products and at least hope this would last. Can't see myself having one but would make a nice gift to one of my buddy's kids who'd love to throw their alarm clock in the morning.

these remotes/clocks are widely available now and i think they are made of some kind of foam rubber (to withstand being thrown at the wall)
the pictures on the net at the moment dont look too bad and ebay sellers are selling for around 18-19 pounds. has anyone on this site purchased one? with a bit of weathering could they be made to look like the master replicas training remote? its hard to tell from the pictures on the net how fine the detailing is.... can anyone help please?

this is a follow up to my last post... the detailing isnt that good and falls way short of the master replicas version and the excellent scratch build models here on rpf...should have know really :facepalm

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back