Cheap training remote alternative (alarm clock)?

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

pandatrooper

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Kerr Avon

Master Member
Doesn't look completely round to me. More ovoid, plus is the bottom attached to that base or would you have to replace that too? Otherwise, looks kind of cool.

Mara Jade's Father

Master Member
I think that is a photoshop'ed image for concept purposes and not the final product.

When I first saw this earlier today, I first thought that it might have been an early leaked image of Thinkgeek.com's annual April Fools fake products. But since the websites have nothing to do with thinkgeek and people are taking pre-pay, it seems to be a legitimate product.

But like I said, the current image looks like they used either an image of an MR remote and manipulated it... so I intend to wait till the item is stocked to see if there are any differences.

Here is what I believe is the original image:

Mara Jade's Father

Master Member
If you check out Frank Cerney's page Training Seeker

He used a diameter plastic halves. Cerney and jedi remote props go hand-in-hand because as far as I know, he is the guru when it comes to research on this particular prop.

Mara Jade's Father

Master Member
I like it for what it is. Appearance wise, I think it would benefit from some weathering for a ANH look instead of the pristine AOTC look.

shenphong

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
It pretty much came out to what I imagined it'd be. I've seen "nerf" alarm clock type products and at least hope this would last. Can't see myself having one but would make a nice gift to one of my buddy's kids who'd love to throw their alarm clock in the morning.

Transcoder

these remotes/clocks are widely available now and i think they are made of some kind of foam rubber (to withstand being thrown at the wall)
the pictures on the net at the moment dont look too bad and ebay sellers are selling for around 18-19 pounds. has anyone on this site purchased one? with a bit of weathering could they be made to look like the master replicas training remote? its hard to tell from the pictures on the net how fine the detailing is.... can anyone help please?

Transcoder

this is a follow up to my last post... the detailing isnt that good and falls way short of the master replicas version and the excellent scratch build models here on rpf...should have know really :facepalm