Cheap PKD (Water Gun)

Just received my PKD blaster today ( Black & Amber ) :p .

Wanted to express a HUGE Thanks to 829Japan ; you're a legend mate !!! . Not saying that off - handedly either . I don't know too many people who'd take the time / trouble to ; join a forum , voluntarily commit to an ' offer ' of help , travel to secure ( in my case & others ) items etc....etc... for ( practically ) strangers .

Sincerely , thank you Yannick ,

Cheers Ged .

p.s. also pm'd .

Last edited by a moderator:
This ( RPF ) place is simply Mind- Blowing - haven't expressed that before . Glad I signed - up when I did ( due to Deagos MF ) , but ' kinda ' wish I'd known about this site / forum earlier .
I say kinda , only 'cause since discovering it - I've spent money on things that I've always admired/wanted but didn't know the ' how / what / where ' part ? , ... gotta stop Finding new threads / builds on subjects I'd grown up with , and people with great knowledge , advice & intentions , or I'll have to stop eating !

Ged ;)

Last edited:
Soulinertia, inside one of these 2x 2032 battery case (shown with cover removed) contains the correct size on/off switch. It was $2.99 in my local store but i'm sure much cheaper elsewhere or in bulk.

sku_317491_4.jpg

Attachments

• sku_317491_4.jpg
    sku_317491_4.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:
got these scans from Tomenosuke's site

unfortunately the text is a bit small but you can make out the type of Hex / Allen / socket screws used and other items used

78yBU6v5_o.jpg

8OvVMeVK_o.jpg

w7qlR70u_o.jpg

Attachments

• 78yBU6v5_o.jpg
    78yBU6v5_o.jpg
    460.7 KB · Views: 113
Went shopping, picked up some 100% silicone #1, some food coloring, and corn starch. My first ever mold, not perfect. Need to make another. But grip molding is going to work!

Planning on doing the same thing with the extra set of grips I got with the last blue grip pistol I received this week.

Going to trim off the material on the grip to accommodate solid resin grips :cool Will help add a little weight to it, too.

Quick & easy mold job. Just need a little bit of extra Mold Star 15, LEGO bricks, oil-based clay, and a piece of acrylic sheet. Fill the grips with clay, make clay gates (would have been better to make a runner and fill from bottom) and run a bead around the LEGO perimeter to contain the rubber.

37318872191_ec6087bb76_o.jpg

I used an Xacto saw to remove the internal grip shape after removing the two grips (had to drill out one pin that I couldn't get to with the saw):
37062802130_80e6505020_b.jpg

Filled the water gun a bit at a time with cheap fast kicking Alumilite. Blue tape on the back of the open grip shape helped the pour there:
36609414264_c46779be5d_h.jpg

All the transfos are looking good guys!! And the different tricks to achieve the best gun keep coming in:cool You gotta love the RPF!

Nice, what did you use to tint your resin? I picked up some transparent amber resin tint from Hobby Lobby tonight. Also got my second grip molded.

Attachments

• 0925171942.jpg
    0925171942.jpg
    565.2 KB · Views: 105
Nice, what did you use to tint your resin? I picked up some transparent amber resin tint from Hobby Lobby tonight. Also got my second grip molded.

Probably the same stuff you have - orange Alumilite tint in a squeeze bottle. The resin is also the clear "Amazing Clear Cast" stuff that HL carries, but "Alumilite Water Clear" is superior with better results, less mold wear, and shorter demold time. For this the cheaper stuff was fine but I can tell after just a few casts that it's really hard on the mold. Each was less glossy than the previous.

I went with the Alumilite Clear resin from HL. I figured I'd stick with a known name brand. My grips are looking good. I'll demold them after work tomorrow.

I used Castin' Craft tinted resin dye in amber

However, if I do anymore grips, I'll invest in actual mold making materials. While the silicone trick posted in the video works, it's just far too time consuming, super short working time, and very messy.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back