Cheap PKD (Water Gun)

My original plan for the electronics and battery access was to have the magazine removable and held in place with small magnets. But I'm inclining now to keeping the magazine intact (it'll be REALLY hard to cut it out without damaging the small detail there) and ...
I don't have anything to compare with other than images, but I think that the bottom of the mag has been modified to not have any undercuts compared to the real part.
I think therefore that maybe it wouldn't be so bad if the edges were cut.
Then the existing bottom could be just glued at the bottom of a scratch-built box, more or less, the box being large enough to slide into a box inside the mag well built for it.

I don't have anything to compare with other than images, but I think that the bottom of the mag has been modified to not have any undercuts compared to the real part.
I think therefore that maybe it wouldn't be so bad if the edges were cut.
Then the existing bottom could be just glued at the bottom of a scratch-built box, more or less, the box being large enough to slide into a box inside the mag well built for it.

That was my hope originally, but it's tricky - there's a smooth curve from the sides of the magazine (where the LEDs and switch are) into the bottom plate. So slicing just the bottom plate off wouldn't really work. My idea was to drill and cut the whole magazine out where it goes into the main body of the gun (as the 'edges' there are sharper and it would be easier to hide the separation). But I chickened out in the end! I think the only way to be sure of doing it properly would be to have a throw-away 'donor' gun as however careful you were it's likely that you'd lose either the magazine or the main body. If you could just hack away the magazine from one gun without worrying about having to use it still, and then replace it with one from a donor gun where the main body had been wrecked it would work... but I only have one gun (currently)!

So safer to use the butt plate as access for the battery, I think.

Anyhoo, a couple of minor updates from yesterday. I'm starting to build something that looks like the detail at the front of the receiver (it won't be exactly accurate but it'll be a close enough approximation when done, I think). At last, a use for that orange tip thingy!! The 'pin' by the way, is a slightly modified pawn from a travelling mini chess set!

receiver-front-detail-wip.jpg

And I've started modifying the rear trigger to be more accurate (though non-working).

trigger-mod-1.jpg

Grips are masked for eventual priming of the rest of the gun so I can see what I'm doing a bit better - the translucence of the plastic tends to mask small details.

No problem hlj actually emailed me and told me they were in stock because I emailed them a couple days ago asking about when they would be back in stock

edited: Don't want to hurt the feelings of the sensitive.

BTW, there are 4 posts in this thread alone where I alerted people to them being in stock in different locations, and it is IN STOCK RIGHT NOW at HLJ and AmiAmi for those that have had "Failed".

Last edited:
It will show back up, though that is supposed to be the super rare one. I have received over 15 back in stock notices on HLJ alone. Wouldn't count on the painted one though. I never even saw it until today. Amber and Blue grip are still in stock at multiple locations.

Last edited:
sucks, sold out. Don't like blue gun

And expect to see these on Ebay soon from sellers in Japan.
Just hope some sellers have them priced at reasonable prices

But does anybody know if the gun is molded in the black/silver color or repainted over the clear plastic?

Mine has arrived today; was shipped on 01/08 by HBL. Shipping in Italy without any problems. Really a nice object, hope everyone can take one!

Dang, the painted one from HLJ would have been nice but i'm happy with the cheaper ones I have.
This site have the clear blue one for per-order and the painted silver one for $100 which i'm not sure if that's correct but no way anyone should pay that for a squirt gun.

https://www.loopaza.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=TAKAGI+Type

I've been hunting for something that comes close to that front receiver 'sonic shock firedisrupter', I guess that's what it's called.
from Propsummit - http://propsummit.com/viewtopic.php?p=43280&sid=ff65d7999b1ac69dbf84c861e1f6297b
ow_m2019c_lapd_bruinstg_page_11.jpg

I've looked at airbrush nozzle tips, copic marker multiliner SP Nibs , i've been on etsy going through rivets that might work. Would be awesome if someone could 3D print that part for Shapeways.

I'm going to cut off the handle butt and snake wires through to add LEDs but I need to figure out how to reattach it so I can change out the batteries.
I was going to fill it with resin like what Candykiller did but I think I will use that paper modeling clay that air dries. Should give it a good weight. I'll fill the handle and the upper receiver, it might take a few weeks to dry out but that's ok.

Last edited:
STILL haven't found one...

I gotta be more on the ball with this thread!

Gah. Very jealous of the mods here.... looks like fun

Great Video. I hate that it looks so good and Adam is right "Jerks on Ebay..."

I'm not going to pay these outrageous secondary prices.
I hope Fullcock floods the market and prices bottom out.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back