Character for my body type help?

Tygambit

Hey guys, I'm new here,and this will
Be my first attempt at any type of costume. I'm starting now to get a pretty kickass for Halloween this year. I want it to be as realistic as possible, so starting with my body type, what character would work with it? Just so I know where to start lol I'm 6'3 215lbs. Muscular build, and have fairly large arms with 18inches. I would like to fit the part as much as the costume looking great, thanks in advance!

Hey guys, I'm new here,and this will
Be my first attempt at any type of costume. I'm starting now to get a pretty kickass for Halloween this year. I want it to be as realistic as possible, so starting with my body type, what character would work with it? Just so I know where to start lol I'm 6'3 215lbs. Muscular build, and have fairly large arms with 18inches. I would like to fit the part as much as the costume looking great, thanks in advance!
It's a bit of a vague description. If you are trying to impersonate a character as best as possible you will need to show a pic to get answers.

Don't want this to sound dismissive but you may want to subscribe to a copay forum to get honest answers. Once you have a choice, come back here to create it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Tygambit,

I'm gonna be "That guy" and tell you that you need to be whoever you are passionate about. First pick a Universe (Marvel, DC, Star Wars, Other) and then pick that one person that you are always like "Hell Yeah! that guy ROCKS!" and then make that costume. I love spider-man, I'm about a foot too tall and not lanky enough. But I like being Spider-man so I rock it out and have a great time!

Just be who you want and people will love it.

Thanks guys! Well I really like captain America and thor, out of the 2 would one be easier to make then the other?

Cap would probably be easier. You can buy his suits from online stores/ebay ( may need to get custom measurements and you have to make sure they understand what you mean) and then you would need to make a shield or buy one. Buying premade stuff will probably be pricey though.

Edit: I take that back because you can pretty much do the same with Thor.

Cosplaysky has a very respectable Cap suit for reasonable price. there is even a thread on here dedicated to using that suit as a base and making it screen acurrate
I would start with that base suit if you are not handy with sewing. $299.99 seems like a lot of money but trust me, by the time you buy materials and spend the time to make it. $300 will have come and gone
http://cosplaysky.com/avengers-age-...ve-rogers-uniform-outfit-cosplay-costume.html

Tygambit,

I'm gonna be "That guy" and tell you that you need to be whoever you are passionate about. First pick a Universe (Marvel, DC, Star Wars, Other) and then pick that one person that you are always like "Hell Yeah! that guy ROCKS!" and then make that costume. I love spider-man, I'm about a foot too tall and not lanky enough. But I like being Spider-man so I rock it out and have a great time!

Just be who you want and people will love it.

I agree - just go with whatever gets the blood pumping! Most importantly, have FUN! :)

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back