Character for my body type help?

Discussion in 'Marvel Costumes and Props' started by Tygambit, Jun 29, 2015.

1. Tygambit

Tygambit New Member

Hey guys, I'm new here,and this will
    Be my first attempt at any type of costume. I'm starting now to get a pretty kickass for Halloween this year. I want it to be as realistic as possible, so starting with my body type, what character would work with it? Just so I know where to start lol I'm 6'3 215lbs. Muscular build, and have fairly large arms with 18inches. I would like to fit the part as much as the costume looking great, thanks in advance!

2. drakeprimeone

drakeprimeone Well-Known Member

It's a bit of a vague description. If you are trying to impersonate a character as best as possible you will need to show a pic to get answers.

Don't want this to sound dismissive but you may want to subscribe to a copay forum to get honest answers. Once you have a choice, come back here to create it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

3. Override

Override Active Member

Tygambit,

I'm gonna be "That guy" and tell you that you need to be whoever you are passionate about. First pick a Universe (Marvel, DC, Star Wars, Other) and then pick that one person that you are always like "Hell Yeah! that guy ROCKS!" and then make that costume. I love spider-man, I'm about a foot too tall and not lanky enough. But I like being Spider-man so I rock it out and have a great time!

Just be who you want and people will love it.

4. Tygambit

Tygambit New Member

Thanks guys! Well I really like captain America and thor, out of the 2 would one be easier to make then the other?

Override likes this.
  5. Venomsuit

Venomsuit Member

Cap would probably be easier. You can buy his suits from online stores/ebay ( may need to get custom measurements and you have to make sure they understand what you mean) and then you would need to make a shield or buy one. Buying premade stuff will probably be pricey though.

Edit: I take that back because you can pretty much do the same with Thor.

Override likes this.
  6. Override

Override Active Member

Cosplaysky has a very respectable Cap suit for reasonable price. there is even a thread on here dedicated to using that suit as a base and making it screen acurrate
    I would start with that base suit if you are not handy with sewing. $299.99 seems like a lot of money but trust me, by the time you buy materials and spend the time to make it. $300 will have come and gone
    http://cosplaysky.com/avengers-age-...ve-rogers-uniform-outfit-cosplay-costume.html

7. SofaKing01

SofaKing01 Master Member

I agree - just go with whatever gets the blood pumping! Most importantly, have FUN! :)

Override likes this.