Celebrity jerks?

Agreed- give it a rest Mic

On the other hand, I met micdavis at SDCC this year and he was warm and engaging. We had a really pleasant interaction, and, honestly, he was cooler to talk to than Ron Perlman. So, as far as "celebrities" go, Mike > Ron.

On the other other hand, I was somehow able to be articulate to Mike and was struck mute when talking to Mr. Perlman (even given a long professional exposure to celebrity-types), so perhaps that was a bit my fault. But micdavis grokked that I was sporting my RPF challenge coin, and Ron Perlman seemed non-plussed when I was introduced to him as "the HBO of comics," so... ADVANTAGE: DAVIS. :lol

well *******..you weren't there nor were you observing this pre-madonna and her act like she was something special. So maybe you should keep your comments to the thread and your opinons about something you don't know anything about to yourself. This is why I'm reluctant to post because of jerks like you.

Seems like a dick thing to do. Maybe she was just shielding her eyes from endless flash photography. You sound worse than anything any of the stars in this thread supposedly did.

well *******..you weren't there nor were you observing this pre-madonna and her act like she was something special. So maybe you should keep your comments to the thread and your opinons about something you don't know anything about to yourself. This is why I'm reluctant to post because of jerks like you.

Prima Donna not Pre-Madonna.

The first is a stuck up lady, the second is a... Well, a stuck up lady.

Regarding that last bit .. maybe you should really consider that carefully if you still posted one where you were a belittling dick to a woman for no reason what so ever.

I had my reasons which I feel I don't need to waste my time explaining to someone like you.....give it a rest and move on.

Regarding that last bit .. maybe you should really consider that carefully if you still posted one where you were a belittling dick to a woman for no reason what so ever.

I had my reasons which I feel I don't need to waste my time explaining to someone like you.....give it a rest and move on.

Your reason was "she was covering part of her face with her hand" and she was at the "hack table" that you looked down upon.

Don't worry, I understood you first time around.

I didn't go into detail...you understand nothing since you weren't here....MOVE ON

Your reason was "she was covering part of her face with her hand" and she was at the "hack table" that you looked down upon.

Don't worry, I understood you first time around.

Am I the only one who feels like spraying a hose of water on you two?

2009-05-06-chihuahuas.jpg

Met a bunch of Sci-fi actors at conventions and lucky for me vip tours of Star Trek Voyager & Deep Space 9 as well as Babylon 5. Mira Furlan, Delenn from B5 was cold, no personality what-so-ever when I met her at a convention and bought a pic/autograph -I mentioned to her I got to tour Babylon 5 sets, she was like - "uh huh" She realy didn't care, just wanted her money and for me to move on - no appreciation for fans at all. Then a couple years later, the friend who got me the 2 B5 Tours, could not make a convention I was going to in LA - Mira and Claudia Christian were both going to be there - my friend had behind the scenes personal pics with both of them (he was on set dozens of times, is friends with Bruce Boxleitner), and he had me take them with me to the convention to get autographed. Mira saw the pic, and said "that's nice, but I'm charging for my autograph" I didn't ask for a freebie, that was her response - even someone she knew from the set, had to pay! Claudia Christian lit up when she saw the pic of herself with my friend Mark - I offered to pay, she said "oh no - give Mark my best!", signed the pic and handed it back to me.

Cassandra "Elvira" Peterson. You think she looks good on TV, as we say in Noo Yawk: Fuggetaboutit! You'd better have both hands free to stuff your tongue back in your mouth--yeah, she's that hot
Along those lines, you've just reminded me of two female celebrity sightings.

Shelley Hack. Anyone remember her from the last season of Charlie's Angels? About 20 years ago I was standing in the concession line at a movie theater and heard a semi-familiar female voice behind me telling her companion about how she had paid a surprise visit to some friends to help them paint their house the day before. I casually turned to see if I could locate the source of the voice, and she was standing in line behind me. Now, I never thought she was particularly attractive, but she's simply one of those people who doesn't photograph well; in person she is gorgeous!

Shannon Tweed. We saw her at a KISS concert about 10 years ago. She, Nick, Sophie, and a woman we didn't recognize (all surrounded by a cadre of security guards) walked down the aisle next to us so the kids could watch daddy at work for about 5-10 minutes (we had really good seats). I've always thought she was an extremely attractive woman, but in person she is stunningly beautiful!

On a side note, when Gene saw them from the stage, the big bad "Demon" suddenly became the beaming proud father with one of the biggest grins I've ever seen covering his face. After about 10 seconds we could see the brief look of shock on his face as he realized what he'd been doing, and went back to work. :lol

It's good to see that everyone is acting like adults, which doesn't happen too often on the RPF. :lol

The only celebrity I ever met in person was Malcom McDowell, I'm sure I spelled that wrong, when he was in an off Broadway show at the Roundabout back in the 1980's and I was working on the lighting crew. His attitude would depend on when you met him. For instance, when he would first show up for work, he would be cracking jokes with everyone, but then once he got backstage, you didn't go near him unless he asked you for something. Of course we were not fans out to get something, we were employees and knew not to go fanboy on anyone.

It doesn't count as meeting them, but I also saw a lot of other celebs while working there and I never saw anything other than them all being very nice, even when some dimwit would try and talk to them during the show.

For the most part, it is going to depend on when and where you meet them as to how they act. The other problem is that a lot of fans think they know these people just because they have been watching them for years, but they really don't know a thing about them other than they played a part or sang a song that they liked.

You need to cut them some slack. I'm getting the sense from some of the posts in this thread, that a few people seem to thing that Celebs owe them something.

You need to cut them some slack. I'm getting the sense from some of the posts in this thread, that a few people seem to thing that Celebs owe them something.

In general, I agree -- especially on the "Yeah, you really don't know ME, you know [character(s) I played]." But there is something to be said for appreciating the people who have gotten you to where you are. Not that that takes away from any accomplishments you as an actor may have had on your own, nor to diminish your own talent, drive, determination, etc. But you can be as driven as you want, and if the fans -- you know, the people buying the tickets -- don't care....well, that's all she wrote.

There's a balance with fans and especially the hardcore fans who go to cons. You've got to figure that the fans at cons are the most intense fans, the ones who'll drop good coin to see you and will pay to have just a brief, momentary encounter with you even in a commercialized setting. Under those circumstances -- tedious though they may be -- I'd figure you treat it like it's your frickin' JOB to smile and make sure everyone walks away feeling upbeat and happy. I mean, these are the people who help put bread on your table, the diehards who'll ALWAYS go see your new show (well -- maybe), and the ones who are forking over $X for an autographed whatever and a picture plus two minutes of your time. Ergo, it's worthwhile to put on a happy face and chat people up. That's what you're there for, that's what they're PAYING you for.

Now, all that said, I can still see where the con environment is highly impersonal, and could be a rather grueling experience especially for someone unprepared for it. So, I can understand the occasional celebrity snit or being short with someone. What I DON'T get, however, is why you'd CONTINUE to do that stuff if you hate it.

Like, Julie Benz. I've heard from multiple people that she's a complete jerk at cons. I have no idea what she's like aside from that, but every story I've heard about her at cons on here has been that she's cold or rude or feels like she's being burdened with this crap. Well hey, sister, STOP DOING CONS if you hate it so much. If cons and rubbing elbows with the unwashed masses gives you such a headache, just....don't do it. Nobody's forcing you. But don't do it -- especially when you know what it entails -- and THEN act like a ******* AND expect people to shell out cash.

Now, Ms. Benz may be a sweetheart outside of the con environment. She might be all peaches and cream in any other setting. I have absolutely no idea. But I don't get why she or anyone else would continue to do cons AND be brusque with the fans while doing it. If you're gonna do it, put on your happy face and do it for real. Hey, you're an actor anyway. ACT like you're having fun.

tony todd....really laid back....he likes hats...

malcolm macdowell...was cool, the woman i was with had a bowler hat for him to sign so he seemed to like that

brent spiner came off as an ass.

billy dee williams....super cool.

malik yoba...(new york undercover) and doug E. doug, both great guys, i played football with them between takes on one of the first movies i worked on...

mark harmon, I was working as an extra and he came over to almost every single one of us in between takes introducing himself, asking how we were doing....

george romero, hes like talking to your grandfather....but about zombie movies.

eli roth, being a fellow horror film geek we got along well, so i would say he was a cool guy.

****** tonk man, he seemed happy to just have people recognize him, and his wife was quite nice as well

well thats all i can think of for now

oh yeah, NSFW....aurora snow.....shes quite a sweetheart

Romero has always been a nice guy. Apparently you see him around Pittsburgh just out shopping. i know he used to go to the hardware store my buddy worked at. Probably find him at the zombie museum at the Monroeville mall.

I didn't go into detail...you understand nothing since you weren't here....MOVE ON

Y'know who acted that way to me - NOVA from Planet of the Apes - I wonder if it was her you were dealing with. I asked her if she ever wished she could wear he ape make-up or was it a good thing not to have to deal with all the hours of putting it on. This was right after lunch time at Comic con and you could tell she was tipsy. She bite back with "I was in the screen test for Zira! I know what that make-up feels like. If you have the dvd, you can see me as Zira!!! I was Zira!!!" She was sooooo pissed off for no reason, me and my buddy were laughing so hard I almost peed myself - she stood there screaming so loud I think she scared Erin Grey two tables over - "I WAS ZIRA, you little *******!!!!!!! I was ZIIIIIRRRRAAAAAAA!"

We still leave that as a message on each other's phones.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back