Catalog of huge BTTF Prop Auction posted

I was the previous owner of that Slurpee. I traded it to the guy that consigned it. I bought it off eBay a couple of years ago. Sadly the seller was an idiot and shipped it in an envelope. Bear in mind - the whole insides are made of glass. The top of the straw had snapped clean off and shattered into tiny fragments. I gave all the fragments to the new owner and he's done a really great job getting that repaired. I'm very pleased. I would love to have that cup back!

That Slurpee's definitely an eye-catcher. I have to say that I'm also nostalgic for the old Pepsi logo used on the other products; I think it looks way better than the logos Pepsi uses today...

I'd like to say that I can't believe anyone would be stupid enough to send a prop like that in a bloody envelope, but sadly in my experience people are often complete morons when they ship things. All the time, I get people shipping me props stuffed in envelopes or wardrobe balled up very tightly so they can fit it in a Small Flat Rate Box. Really, you can't spend $2 or $4 more to use a box, and one that's actually big enough at that? I'd gladly send them the extra few dollars it would take. And don't get me started on the people who send valuable rolled posters or flyers in those flimsy triangular boxes instead of in actual reinforced tubes. I had to buy the same Buffy "Once More, With Feeling" poster four bleeping times before I got one to arrive undamaged.

One of the worst things that annoyed me hugely is when I bought what was left of the Halle Berry Catwoman costume which Inkworks had cut up for their Pieceworks card line. The top half of the costume was surprisingly fairly intact, with only the bra cups and part of one side cut into to remove leather strips to be sliced up and carded; the rest of the top, and all the belts, straps, and metal bits were still present. I figured I could have a local leathersmith recreate the missing bits so I could make a fantastic full-torso Catwoman display. So, I was very annoyed when the seller stuffed the entire thing into a regular large Priority Mail envelope--the leather was all creased and a nice piece of comic book film history which had already been damaged suffered even more unnecessary abuse. I had to do a lot of careful work on the leather just to counteract the creasing.

Anyway: boxes. When it doubt, box it. Saving a few bucks is not worth damaging something. If you can't afford a few bucks, charge a few bucks more for the shipping price and explain to buyers why.

..., dont want to get a "not even close" magazine from that guy from the uk... :unsure

What's wrong with it? I have him in my eBay watch list. The magazine there looks good on the eBay pics. I don't know how accurate it is, because I have never seen the content of a screenused one.

And his almanac? Is it better?

I have the original photos taken for the Oh La La magazine, including the "extra naughty" ones. I'm going to consign them soon with ScreenUsed.

What's wrong with it? I have him in my eBay watch list. The magazine there looks good on the eBay pics. I don't know how accurate it is, because I have never seen the content of a screenused one.

And his almanac? Is it better?

I dont think his almanach is better than marcopoons... I had an almanach (my first), that one was a disaster in refenrece with the poon almanach. Too big, wrong content, bad print...

I dont know his almanach, but Im sure its not as acurate as the poon book.

Yes, I have the Oh la la in my watchlist, too. But as I sad, I would be happy if someone from the RPF (maybe a BTTF fan) try to tackle the project, because the ebay one is maybe is nice prop, but the size compared to the almanach is to small, and it looks like he took some photos, and wrote a french text next to it... I dont think it contains the pages seen in the movie.

As I said, maybe not a bad prop, but I will only purchase if no-one try to make one around the next time... Same for the other props by him. Im sure there are much better props out (I remember hes offering sometimes the glasses from BTTF2 and the pepsi bottles, again; not bad for the price but not accurate, the weaver bottles are awesome, but expensive. If no-one will try to make a good (cheaper) alternative from resin, maybe I will try the bottles)

I saw your flyer in the paper prop thread already yesterday. It's a really good work and I appreciate it. I know it takes a lot of time to realize it. But unfortunately it's not accurate enough for my purposes. I detected a few mistakes in the texts: sometimes wrong distances between words and letters, sometimes wrong fonts and I think some words in the text below the picture ain't correct.

As well as you, I didn't find a good full copy of the original photo, so I made my own photo using several parts from low-res images of original newspapers and flyers I found on the internet. The (size reduced) result you can see on my avatar. The large image I made looks terrible if you take a closer look on it, but printed out on paper in original size it looks great in my opinion.

The result of my work will be a vector graphics PDF file and I will share it with you all. :)

I hope my english is understandable enough.

Really exactly 6 and 9 inches?

Yes. The measurements are 6 and 9.

Last edited:
Markpoon's Almanac is the best replica you'll ever find anywhere. It's exact size and almost a perfect replica compared to the original prop.
And it has a dust jacket.

Yes. only one stripe on the back is missing... But lets get not too picky about details... :lol

Markpoon's Almanac is the best replica you'll ever find anywhere. It's exact size and almost a perfect replica compared to the original prop.
And it has a dust jacket.

He's in my watch list too. But up to now not with his almanac, but with his Doc shirt. Thanks for the tip.

Yes, of course I'll help you. So let's compare your flyer with the originals! Following you can see...

I hope my annotations were helpful and you understood everything.

Thanks for the help! I have made a new thread in the paper prop section just for the flyer so we can get these details fixed without derailing this thread.

New BTTF Clock Tower Flyer Project

There are a few of the issues that I was already aware of, like the "¢" and the font differences in the sections that use Franklin Gothic and Futura. Some of that is because the fonts are not exact copies of the original typefaces and all the proportions aren't exact to the original. But I can correct some of this in Illustrator now that I have my computer working again. :)

There are some text and letter spacing differences in the Stoltz flyer, so I haven't used any of those particular flyers to make mine.

I also didn't want to use any Part II newspapers as reference for this, but I might have mistakenly left the page number uncorrected, because the top of the page was originally based on my BTTF 2 newspaper template file with corrections to the BTTF 1 style.

Last edited:
I'm just wondering: The dimensions of Doc's letter are 1116 × 1697 pixels. So if we presume that the height of the letter ist 11" then the width is just 7.23". There are three possible answers: Either the letter is not US Letter size or it's stretched in height or cropped in width in the catalog. What do you think?

Roland,
Did you figure out if the letter is cropped?
I found this in a thread here once:
View attachment 75758

The text and ink blots match the auction version so I think it's an original. I'm sure whoever posted it originally will speak up.
It's wider, so it fits to a letter sized sheet.
Also, the Western Union is a bit higher so it seems to match DB's 6x9 inch theory.

BTW, you guys are insane with your Clock Tower Flyer accuracy. Keep up the good work.

Roland,
Did you figure out if the letter is cropped?
I found this in a thread here once:
View attachment 75758

The text and ink blots match the auction version so I think it's an original. I'm sure whoever posted it originally will speak up.
It's wider, so it fits to a letter sized sheet.
Also, the Western Union is a bit higher so it seems to match DB's 6x9 inch theory.

BTW, you guys are insane with your Clock Tower Flyer accuracy. Keep up the good work.

I posted that scan of the letter. No need to watermark it. :lol
The text measurement was taken from that same page, and it's almost exactly 6x9.

The auction photo is definitely cropped, which seems odd to me since they also posted a high resolution scan of the full Clock photo.

(The 1885 letter that has been circulating around here for years is not the original screen accurate version.)

Ok... :lol

Just want to say, maybe its cool to get some stuff, where just 1 or 2 version were released...

Maybe the letters from Part 3 or new stuff... ?!? :confused

Maybe a new flux capacitor drawing? New BTTF2 future money?

But always Clock Tower Flyers... Everywhere, here, on my PC, in my displays, in my nightmares... They're everywhere... :cry

:lol:lol:lol

But all your other flyers are inaccurate. It's not a nightmare to have an accurate version, but it's a thorn in your side to have millions of inaccurate versions. Throw them all in the garbage! ;)

For all the other paper props: Just wait what the time will bring. I'll do my very best! :D

Maybe the letters from Part 3 or new stuff... ?!? :confused

Maybe a new flux capacitor drawing? New BTTF2 future money?

But always Clock Tower Flyers... Everywhere, here, on my PC, in my displays, in my nightmares... They're everywhere... :cry

:lol:lol:lol

If it makes you feel any better, I'm working on the set of Biff's Matchbooks. :cool

I will post the rest of that 1885 letter when I can find the other scans.

I don't think they actually used the future money they made for BTTF2.
In the scene where Doc gives Marty the $50 bill, it is a real fifty from the 1980s.

If it makes you feel any better, I'm working on the set of Biff's Matchbooks. :cool

I will post the rest of that 1885 letter when I can find the other scans.

I don't think they actually used the future money they made for BTTF2.
In the scene where Doc gives Marty the $50 bill, it is a real fifty from the 1980s.

No, its maybe not screensued, but there is this money from the future. And there is just this low res version out...

And hey, I thought it was top secret with the matchbooks?!? :lol :darnkids

:)

@ Roland:

Im not so picky about props, and especially not with the flyer...

Im sure some people say "a collection will never stop or end, because there is always stuff to change", but ... uhm... I like finished stuff... So it would be wonderful ifI dont have to change these flyers every week...

I have DBs Flyers and I think they're awesome... And seriously? No.one will ever ask me, if the clock tower flyer is acurate, and if I take a photo and put it here in the RPF, no-one will ask, too...

It doesn'T matter for me, because there is still great stuff out, what isn't in my collection yet. I dont want to make a science of making clock tower flyers...

I like your work and appreciate it, I just think there is other, more awesome stuff out, especially from BTTF...

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back