Prop Store

Catalog of huge BTTF Prop Auction posted

Discussion in 'Production Made Costumes and Props' started by DL4567, Nov 21, 2011.

1. DL4567

DL4567 Sr Member

2. bron

bron New Member

My god. Even the PDF is a goldmine for BTTF fans!

3. Doc101

Doc101 New Member

That's brilliant, thank you for sharing!

4. Jedifyfe

Jedifyfe Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

It's nice to see some of the costumes and props that I have never seen auctioned before.

I think I can use that Match Made in Space book and make a better version than my older one that everyone has.

5. DL4567

DL4567 Sr Member

Glad you guys enjoyed it as much as me. :)

Yeah it's a treasure trove of great prop pics. One that was particularly fascinating was Doc's future binoculars. The only other close ups of that were from the Comic-Con museum pics earlier this year. Also the pic of the 4 Marty's all wearing the re-sizing jackets was amazing. But talk about great reference.... even the paper props.

6. Onkelpsycho

Onkelpsycho Sr Member

Yeah very nice referecne pics...

Useful... Especially the diagram of the Deloran, and I like this slurpee thing... ^^

7. Roland

Roland Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

OMFG, tons of paper prop images in good printable resolution!!!!! This PDF is absolutely useful. Thanks for posting this!

Examples:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 21, 2011
  8. Onkelpsycho

Onkelpsycho Sr Member

Very nice, thanks for cutting it out...

So, is anyone bored at the moment. there are tons of work... :lol

9. Search4

Search4 Active Member

Looks to be a brilliant set of items. Wondering how high the Delorean will go for...

10. Roland

If you wondered where item #854 in the catalog is: It's hidden under a white box. Here it is (Biff Tannen's underwear in BTTF II):

[​IMG]

And now we know: The two girls in the bath tub were fully naked. *lol*

Last edited: Nov 22, 2011
  11. Vivek

Vivek Master Member Community Staff RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Thanks for that cool update, Roland. The empty space is on page 15, how did you get to display the hidden content?

12. Roland

It's easy: I made a screenshot while the side built up. (My computer is a bit slowly, so I had enough time to make the screenshot before the item disappeared.)

13. Vivek

Vivek Master Member Community Staff RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Thanks for the tip, I directly jumped to that page and noticed it for a second. Did that couple of times and managed to capture it.

14. Roland

Another cut out. Enjoy it!

[​IMG]

15. Jedifyfe

I am working on the Match Made in Space book cover/spine and back.

I also just bought the correct book to wrap it around.

16. Roland

I'm just wondering: The dimensions of Doc's letter are 1116 × 1697 pixels. So if we presume that the height of the letter ist 11" then the width is just 7.23". There are three possible answers: Either the letter is not US Letter size or it's stretched in height or cropped in width in the catalog. What do you think?

17. Onkelpsycho

Onkelpsycho Sr Member

Maybe A4?!?

Would love if someone work on the other stuff...

18. Roland

Patience! By and by I will make a few vectorized BTTF paper prop replicas with Photoimpact and CorelDraw. Currently I'm working on a replica of the "Save the clock tower" flyer. And I always work very accurate. You will be surprised. ;)

19. renesisx

renesisx Well-Known Member

DB537 likes this.
  20. Onkelpsycho

Onkelpsycho Sr Member

Cool, thanks...

21. renesisx

I can get you the size of Doc's letter. I have an original in my basement.

22. Roland

This would be great. And if it's possible, could you additionally measure off the exact height and width of the written content from top to bottom ("western union" to the ink spot) and from left to right ("lab" to "him")? It would help to verify the correct ratio of the catalog letter.

23. Roland

In some cases (not in all) the images there have a better resolution than in the catalog PDF. Some examples:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

24. BIKERFETT

BIKERFETT Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I wish I would have been paying more attention to this I would have consigned some of my items.

Chris

25. DocNewborn

DocNewborn Well-Known Member

What a treasure trove!

I think the 1885 letters were longer than normal paper, just from what I recall seeing in the movie. More the length of a legal pad, maybe?

Interested to know what the 'correct' book is for the Match Made in Space prop.

Alex

26. renesisx

What do you have to consign? BTTF items?

I know a couple of other people who tried to consign BTTF items in this auction and PIH never got back to them.

27. Xenophon1

Xenophon1 Member

I contacted PiH in September through their online contact form with info about items I was thinking of possibly consigning, and had no problem getting a friendly and helpful response. One item they weren't really interested in (and I can't blame them; it was more of a contemporary pop music item which would fit in better in other auctions), and they wanted more information about another. I e-mailed links to pictures and screencaps and gave more info about the item's provenance, and they decided to accept a shirt worn by Michael J. Fox as Alex P. Keaton on Family Ties for consignment, which is now Lot 556 in the upcoming auction.

For me at least the process was quick and friendly. They responded to the web form inquiry within a few days, and to subsequent e-mails within a day. I've consigned at two other auction houses before, but I liked interacting with PiH. Very nice people.

Anyway, as for the BTTF stuff--I have to say that Biff's underpants would make a heck of a conversation piece. :lol It reminds me of the charity auction just after the first season of *Breaking Bad* which offered an autographed pair of Bryan Cranston's screenworn tightie-whities. I so wanted to buy them because the scenes of him stuck out in the desert in his underpants were hilarious, but unfortunately my uptightness got the best of me and I didn't bid... I still occasionally regret it because the odd surprised look on guests' faces when they'd have seen autographed men's underpants up on my wall could have been fun.

I've always liked those future Pepsi products, but the future Slurpee looks even cooler. I'm sure that will sell high. I'm more of a costume collector though, and I'm surprised by how many BTTF costume pieces are in this auction. Very nice. The Spike outfit has a an awesome retro-future look to it...but if I start to fill my walls with too many leotards and underwear, people might get the wrong impression. :lol

28. Onkelpsycho

Onkelpsycho Sr Member

:lol

Yeah...

After all, Im not the screenused guy... I like my props and costumes without damage, and I like to take em out of the display, play a little bit around with it... So, I think the pieces should get a nice place anywhere...

I would like it, if more pieces find their way to museums, or public places like Planet Hollywood...

But of course all these pics are great for reference...

I wish someone would make these frisbees pises plates... :)

29. DB537

DB537 Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Last edited: Nov 24, 2011
  30. DB537

Last edited: Nov 24, 2011
  31. Roland

I saw your flyer in the paper prop thread already yesterday. It's a really good work and I appreciate it. I know it takes a lot of time to realize it. But unfortunately it's not accurate enough for my purposes. I detected a few mistakes in the texts: sometimes wrong distances between words and letters, sometimes wrong fonts and I think some words in the text below the picture ain't correct.

As well as you, I didn't find a good full copy of the original photo, so I made my own photo using several parts from low-res images of original newspapers and flyers I found on the internet. The (size reduced) result you can see on my avatar. The large image I made looks terrible if you take a closer look on it, but printed out on paper in original size it looks great in my opinion.

The result of my work will be a vector graphics PDF file and I will share it with you all. :)

I hope my english is understandable enough.

Really exactly 6 and 9 inches?

Last edited: Nov 23, 2011
  32. renesisx

I was the previous owner of that Slurpee. I traded it to the guy that consigned it. I bought it off eBay a couple of years ago. Sadly the seller was an idiot and shipped it in an envelope. Bear in mind - the whole insides are made of glass. The top of the straw had snapped clean off and shattered into tiny fragments. I gave all the fragments to the new owner and he's done a really great job getting that repaired. I'm very pleased. I would love to have that cup back!

33. renesisx

You guys after the original photo from the Stoltz clock tower flyer? I have a lot of interesting originals items in my collection. I'll scan it if you want.

34. Roland

I have a lot of them too (in hi-res). You can find them all over the internet. What we all are searching for, is the photo from the screen used flyer with Michael J. Fox (see my avatar).

35. Onkelpsycho

Onkelpsycho Sr Member

Hm, what kind ofprop is the marty photo, with just him?!? I early version of the photos with dave and linda?

36. Roland

Perhaps they tested several locations and finally chose the well pic.

37. BIKERFETT

I have an almanac cover, Ooh La La, and Gang Jailed Newspaper.

I am considering listing them in the junkyard

CHris

38. Jedifyfe

SCAN THEM FIRST CHRIS and send the scans to ME!!!!!

Nice tag. LOL!

39. BIKERFETT

yaya I know

40. Onkelpsycho

Onkelpsycho Sr Member

Yes, I like that slurpee thing, too...

Its number 2 of the items of unfamous bttf props, I want to see in real after little frodos cap... :lol

I wonder that no-one ver treid the Oh la la mag...

I hoped for marcpoon, but.... I dont think he will do it...

Im still hoping that someone make it happen, dont want to get a "not even close" magazine from that guy from the uk... :unsure

41. Xenophon1

Xenophon1 Member

That Slurpee's definitely an eye-catcher. I have to say that I'm also nostalgic for the old Pepsi logo used on the other products; I think it looks way better than the logos Pepsi uses today...

I'd like to say that I can't believe anyone would be stupid enough to send a prop like that in a bloody envelope, but sadly in my experience people are often complete morons when they ship things. All the time, I get people shipping me props stuffed in envelopes or wardrobe balled up very tightly so they can fit it in a Small Flat Rate Box. Really, you can't spend $2 or $4 more to use a box, and one that's actually big enough at that? I'd gladly send them the extra few dollars it would take. And don't get me started on the people who send valuable rolled posters or flyers in those flimsy triangular boxes instead of in actual reinforced tubes. I had to buy the same Buffy "Once More, With Feeling" poster four bleeping times before I got one to arrive undamaged.

One of the worst things that annoyed me hugely is when I bought what was left of the Halle Berry Catwoman costume which Inkworks had cut up for their Pieceworks card line. The top half of the costume was surprisingly fairly intact, with only the bra cups and part of one side cut into to remove leather strips to be sliced up and carded; the rest of the top, and all the belts, straps, and metal bits were still present. I figured I could have a local leathersmith recreate the missing bits so I could make a fantastic full-torso Catwoman display. So, I was very annoyed when the seller stuffed the entire thing into a regular large Priority Mail envelope--the leather was all creased and a nice piece of comic book film history which had already been damaged suffered even more unnecessary abuse. I had to do a lot of careful work on the leather just to counteract the creasing.

Anyway: boxes. When it doubt, box it. Saving a few bucks is not worth damaging something. If you can't afford a few bucks, charge a few bucks more for the shipping price and explain to buyers why.

42. BIKERFETT

I guess I could do my Ooh La La. I wonder how many would be interested

43. Roland

What's wrong with it? I have him in my eBay watch list. The magazine there looks good on the eBay pics. I don't know how accurate it is, because I have never seen the content of a screenused one.

And his almanac? Is it better?

44. renesisx

I have the original photos taken for the Oh La La magazine, including the "extra naughty" ones. I'm going to consign them soon with ScreenUsed.

45. Onkelpsycho

Onkelpsycho Sr Member

I dont think his almanach is better than marcopoons... I had an almanach (my first), that one was a disaster in refenrece with the poon almanach. Too big, wrong content, bad print...

I dont know his almanach, but Im sure its not as acurate as the poon book.

Yes, I have the Oh la la in my watchlist, too. But as I sad, I would be happy if someone from the RPF (maybe a BTTF fan) try to tackle the project, because the ebay one is maybe is nice prop, but the size compared to the almanach is to small, and it looks like he took some photos, and wrote a french text next to it... I dont think it contains the pages seen in the movie.

As I said, maybe not a bad prop, but I will only purchase if no-one try to make one around the next time... Same for the other props by him. Im sure there are much better props out (I remember hes offering sometimes the glasses from BTTF2 and the pepsi bottles, again; not bad for the price but not accurate, the weaver bottles are awesome, but expensive. If no-one will try to make a good (cheaper) alternative from resin, maybe I will try the bottles)

46. DB537

Yes. The measurements are 6 and 9.

Last edited: May 8, 2014
  47. DB537

Markpoon's Almanac is the best replica you'll ever find anywhere. It's exact size and almost a perfect replica compared to the original prop.
    And it has a dust jacket.

48. Onkelpsycho

Onkelpsycho Sr Member

Yes. only one stripe on the back is missing... But lets get not too picky about details... :lol

49. Roland

He's in my watch list too. But up to now not with his almanac, but with his Doc shirt. Thanks for the tip.

50. Roland