Interest Cast metal Luke ROTJ shared stunt saber

Just a small update. I've reached an impasse with my shop. They're unwilling to correct their mistakes or remake the prototype and master mold. They're trying to keep my money, having delivered me nothing, and they're hoping to get away with it because we are in two different countries. I'm trying to enlist the help of an arbitrator, but it looks like they might end up screwing me out of quite a bit of money. It's a nightmare

This really sucks!!:facepalm

I'm so sorry to read! Hope that You find a solution mate!

Regards,

Alberto

They've refused to refund the money I paid and have ceased communication. I don't have any legal recourse because it's practically impossible to sue them as Chinese courts do not enforce US court rulings. It does suck indeed

Do you know if this Chinese company has any assets in the U.S.? If so, then it's possible to bring a claim against their U.S. assets through U.S. courts. Otherwise, I've also heard that Chinese courts do not enforce U.S. rulings, as there's no relevant treaty between the two countries.

Also, does this company do business with other US persons? Do they receive online reviews anywhere?

Another option is for everyone to pony up additional funds and consider lost funds to be part of the cost. I can't speak for everyone else, but I'm fine with contributing additional funds in order to alleviate the burden for you.

They've refused to refund the money I paid and have ceased communication. I don't have any legal recourse because it's practically impossible to sue them as Chinese courts do not enforce US court rulings. It does suck indeed

Last edited:
Another option is for everyone to pony up additional funds and consider lost funds to be part of the cost. I can't speak for everyone else, but I'm fine with contributing additional funds in order to alleviate the burden for you.

I agree, me too.

i agree, i have no problem helping donate to Starkillers loss. Or better yet, ill take donations for a plane ticket and pay these guys a visit in person! ill get that money back :devil

All the details are soft. What happened?

A few pages back we have learn the shop messed up the mold. Starkiller addressed this with them and they don’t want to hear it

He has asked for a total refund and they have completely cut off communication

This shop is in China so there is no legal recourse...

Complete and total scumbags...

The company is tomascrafts http://www.tomascrafts.com/

They've cut off all communication and decided to just keep my money. This has crippled this project and put a real financial strain on me personally. But, since they're in China and I'm in the USA, they have decided they don't have to care, since I can't take them to court. I've called them a number of times, sent many e-mails, and sought mediation through Alibaba.com--all to no avail.

They no longer respond to my e-mails or phone calls and it feels like I'm completely out of options. I just had two hours of my time wasted where I called the factory and, instead of putting me on the phone with the woman who was supervising my order and who spoke English, they proceeded to put one person after another on the phone who didn't speak English, would shout something at me in Chinese, and then pass the phone off to another person to repeat the ordeal. All the while, I could hear laughing in the background. They think it's a big joke, at my expense because I'm just one guys thousands of miles away and can't do anything to touch them.:sick

Last edited:
Maybe anyone interested could front you some money, as it seems unfair for you to take on all of this on your own. I can definitely try and help out.
In addition, if anyone here is fluent in Mandarin, then maybe he or she could try contacting this company as a last ditch effort.

They've cut off all communication and decided to just keep my money. This has crippled this project and put a real financial strain on me personally. But, since they're in China and I'm in the USA, they have decided they don't have to care, since I can't take them to court. I've called them a number of times, sent many e-mails, and sought mediation through Alibaba.com--all to no avail.

They no longer respond to my e-mails or phone calls and it feels like I'm completely out of options. I just had two hours of my time wasted where I called the factory and, instead of putting me on the phone with the woman who was supervising my order and who spoke English, they proceeded to put one person after another on the phone who didn't speak English, would shout something at me in Chinese, and then pass the phone off to another person to repeat the ordeal. All the while, I could hear laughing in the background. They think it's a big joke, at my expense because I'm just one guys thousands of miles away and can't do anything to touch them.:sick

Completely disgusting. I'm going to ask a buddy of mine, who used to be an active member here, if he knows anyone. He used to work with a company that would sometimes do metal jewelry casts..

Anyways, I'm willing to make a donation. Or harass them *cough cough* kidding *cough*cough

Here is a couple of links on how to serve complaints to companies in China for bad business practices:
https://www.chinalawblog.com/2011/06/serving_complaints_on_chinese_companies_not_difficult.html
https://www.chinacheckup.com/blogs/articles/china-scam

Basically use official channels through Chinese embassy, Ministry of Justice, and Chinese courts to act on the complaint. It's going to require time, energy, and persistence but eventually the casting company has to yield to your demand for refund or reparation.

Hello !

It's so sad, so bad news, this is a very nice project, i personnally agree to participate for money lost. You are doing an incredible job with props !
I saw that you are going to start a new run of the V2 (Improved with the recent pictures), of course i'll be in.
Regards,
Patlegrand.

Oh Man, this sucks big time ...I'm very sorry to hear. I don't have an order in, but if its not too late, I'd like to get on board. I certainly don't mind paying a premium to help cover the loss, or to contribute for a plane ticket. ;)
I think finding someone fluent in Mandarin as El Toro suggest is a great idea...

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back