Cardboard Iron Man MKVI Helmet

Noc

I completed my 1st helmet build.....Its not prefect or close 2 it. For my 1st time I think I did an ok job. It has a lot of gaps and offsets that I probably could fix if I bondo the helmet...but Im not gonna go that far. This was just me getting a feel for the whole building method. Here are some pix....

8033-img-20110930-200031.jpg

8034-img-20110930-200048.jpg

8035-img-20110930-200134.jpg

8036-img-20110930-200112.jpg

Yea, looks great. My first helmet got mangled in the long run, but it was definitely a great piece to practice with.

Best way to learn is to practice and you have a great base that is begging to be glassed. Although I think some people have gone from cardboard straight to bondo. Personally I would resin and fiberglass it before bondo.

Yea, looks great. My first helmet got mangled in the long run, but it was definitely a great piece to practice with.

Best way to learn is to practice and you have a great base that is begging to be glassed. Although I think some people have gone from cardboard straight to bondo. Personally I would resin and fiberglass it before bondo.

Listen to this man. :thumbsup

Thanx.....If I do finish it completely I will resin and fiberglass it b4 bondo(honestly I thought u had to resin b4 bondo...thats the noob in me lol).

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back