Cardboard Iron Man MKVI Helmet

Noc

I completed my 1st helmet build.....Its not prefect or close 2 it. For my 1st time I think I did an ok job. It has a lot of gaps and offsets that I probably could fix if I bondo the helmet...but Im not gonna go that far. This was just me getting a feel for the whole building method. Here are some pix....

8033-img-20110930-200031.jpg

8034-img-20110930-200048.jpg

8035-img-20110930-200134.jpg

8036-img-20110930-200112.jpg

Nice job man. You should finish it. Get a feel for resin. Filling , sanding and painting as well.

Yea, looks great. My first helmet got mangled in the long run, but it was definitely a great piece to practice with.

Best way to learn is to practice and you have a great base that is begging to be glassed. Although I think some people have gone from cardboard straight to bondo. Personally I would resin and fiberglass it before bondo.

Yea, looks great. My first helmet got mangled in the long run, but it was definitely a great piece to practice with.

Best way to learn is to practice and you have a great base that is begging to be glassed. Although I think some people have gone from cardboard straight to bondo. Personally I would resin and fiberglass it before bondo.

Listen to this man. :thumbsup

Thanx.....If I do finish it completely I will resin and fiberglass it b4 bondo(honestly I thought u had to resin b4 bondo...thats the noob in me lol).

Back