carbon fibre tk

carbon art co

Hi guys, thanks for having me. First post, so if it is in the wrong spot hopefully the mods can help me out and show me the error of my ways......

I have been a life long Star Wars fan, and a life long composite boat builder. Well, I'm old now and have moved to somewhere there are no boats, so I have married the two. After a bunch of puttering around, research and development I have something that I am pretty happy with. I know that it is not screen accurate, and there is no way to get 501st for it, but that's not what I'm going for.
Thoughts?.......

Attachments

• red1 crop.jpg
    red1 crop.jpg
    721.4 KB · Views: 116
  • red2.jpg
    red2.jpg
    311.7 KB · Views: 127
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    684.4 KB · Views: 158
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    658.7 KB · Views: 130
  • 17.jpg
    17.jpg
    702.9 KB · Views: 138
Thanks for the kind words, its been a lot of effort to get the project to this stage. Ive put together an etsy page, but don't know if it is appropriate to share theme here.... any way, its not a hard search.

That must have been a ton of work but the helmet looks killer.

Is it a clear gel-coat or clear resin?

What was the original helmet you used to make the mold ?

That must have been a ton of work but the helmet looks killer.

Is it a clear gel-coat or clear resin?

What was the original helmet you used to make the mold ?
They are finished in a clear LP paint. Tons and tons of work, laminating under vacuum in Santa Fe New Mexico at 2200 meters elevation has been a heck of a challenge to get over. The plug was an original sculpt, and that turned into about twenty four individual, and matched moulds.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back