Capulet Crest - Anyone know Spanish?

Birdie

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I've recreated the Montague and Capulet crests for my Romeo + Juliet weapons project, but the reference I've got is kinda crappy :unsure

The Capulet Crest has a four word motto, top seems to be 'Dios' - God in Spanish. Can't get a good cap of the bottom, or make out the left and right.

Anyone got any thoughts?

25am00p.jpg

144bfkg.jpg

I can't make out the others, but the right side (as you look at it) appears to say "Fuerna" which, using Google translate, doesn't mean anything. However, Fuerza = Force.

And I also read the top as "Dios." And you are correct, that does mean "God."

Really doesn't help...but hey, I tried. ;)

If the lower left says "Virtud" it would be "virtue."

So the three words would be God, Virtue, Strength.

You said a 4 word motto in your original post, but I don't see a fourth word anywhere.

Last edited:
It should be Italian or Latin. As it's meant to be set in Italy.

I agree. It's interesting to note that the one word that is easy to discern (Dios) does not translate into anything on several translation sites from Latin or Italian. It does, however, translate to "God" on all of the ones I have tried. Go figure. :facepalm

I think God, Virtue, Strength is promising...

The movie was set in Verona Beach, a kind of fictional Miami, the male Capulets are all hispanic looking, plus the 'Dios' thing made me incline to Spanish.

There is a fourth word, will try and find another cap from the lift door. The complete crest looks like this:

1zwm8g8.jpg

You're more than likely right about the Spanish although the bottom word does look like Family. or could be Familia I suppose.

at left = Virtud
at right = Fuerza
at top = Dios
bottom part is not clear, can be Honor or Honra, or maybe something different

they are in Spanish, not Latin (Why?)

maybe with a better pic, I can help more

FWIW :

R & J Production Notes

"Two behemoth mirrors, encased in ornate golden frames, faced the staircase, and elaborate, dark oil paintings, depicting biblical scenes, dotted the scarlet walls. The Capulet herald, a baroque, stylized cat bearing the words "virtue," "honor," "Dios" and "fuerza," was inlaid into the floor."

In keeping with Spanish and the last letters from that screencap, Honra would be it, which isn't exactly honor, but self-respect / dignity / pride.

Honra gives the sense of the individual qualities of honor.

Last edited:
FWIW :

R & J Production Notes

"Two behemoth mirrors, encased in ornate golden frames, faced the staircase, and elaborate, dark oil paintings, depicting biblical scenes, dotted the scarlet walls. The Capulet herald, a baroque, stylized cat bearing the words "virtue," "honor," "Dios" and "fuerza," was inlaid into the floor."

In keeping with Spanish and the last letters from that screencap, Honra would be it, which isn't exactly honor, but self-respect / dignity / pride.

Honra gives the sense of the individual qualities of honor.

that is perfect, just, is not virtue, its "Virtud"

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back