Captain Kirk 2.0 sued

Well if he was under them on Star Trek, he owes them for the movie. But the concept they somehow DESERVE a piece of everything he makes after he left them? That's crap.

I want to see another star trek movie ,so I will be standing on the other side as you turn the other cheek,and ready........lol

When I read the title of this thread, I thought it was about James Cawley, whose Kirk never drove a pristine sports car over a cliff just to be a brat.

... as far as I know, at least.

When I read the title of this thread, I thought it was about James Cawley, whose Kirk never drove a pristine sports car over a cliff just to be a brat.

... as far as I know, at least.

Actually, Cawley was my first thought, too. Had me worried that the suits in charge had decided to shut down Phase II.

Actually, Cawley was my first thought, too. Had me worried that the suits in charge had decided to shut down Phase II.

No when I wrote the title I was referring to The Shat VS the 2.0 version of Captain Kirk. I like them both but I grew up with THE CAPTAIN KIRK William Shatner so around here we call him 2.0

I think you're mis-understanding. There's no question Shatner is the original, it's just that (to me) the next/second/2.0. etc Kirk is James Cawley. Heck, he's worked with way more TOS alumni than Pine and plays Kirk much closer to the original character. So Pine runs a distant third to me. Pine's Kirk has a different origin, different childhood and a different universe, so he's waaaay removed from Shatner's 1.0 original.

Cawley, as fan-films, do not count.

I think you're mis-understanding. There's no question Shatner is the original, it's just that (to me) the next/second/2.0. etc Kirk is James Cawley. Heck, he's worked with way more TOS alumni than Pine and plays Kirk much closer to the original character. So Pine runs a distant third to me. Pine's Kirk has a different origin, different childhood and a different universe, so he's waaaay removed from Shatner's 1.0 original.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back