Captain Kirk 2.0 sued

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Kerr Avon

Master Member
Well if he was under them on Star Trek, he owes them for the movie. But the concept they somehow DESERVE a piece of everything he makes after he left them? That's crap.

gyoung2993

Sr Member
I want to see another star trek movie ,so I will be standing on the other side as you turn the other cheek,and ready........lol

John Barnett

When I read the title of this thread, I thought it was about James Cawley, whose Kirk never drove a pristine sports car over a cliff just to be a brat.

... as far as I know, at least.

Angelus Lupus

Sr Member
When I read the title of this thread, I thought it was about James Cawley, whose Kirk never drove a pristine sports car over a cliff just to be a brat.

... as far as I know, at least.
Actually, Cawley was my first thought, too. Had me worried that the suits in charge had decided to shut down Phase II.

SciFiMuseum

Actually, Cawley was my first thought, too. Had me worried that the suits in charge had decided to shut down Phase II.
No when I wrote the title I was referring to The Shat VS the 2.0 version of Captain Kirk. I like them both but I grew up with THE CAPTAIN KIRK William Shatner so around here we call him 2.0

Angelus Lupus

Sr Member
I think you're mis-understanding. There's no question Shatner is the original, it's just that (to me) the next/second/2.0. etc Kirk is James Cawley. Heck, he's worked with way more TOS alumni than Pine and plays Kirk much closer to the original character. So Pine runs a distant third to me. Pine's Kirk has a different origin, different childhood and a different universe, so he's waaaay removed from Shatner's 1.0 original.

Apollo

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Cawley, as fan-films, do not count.

I think you're mis-understanding. There's no question Shatner is the original, it's just that (to me) the next/second/2.0. etc Kirk is James Cawley. Heck, he's worked with way more TOS alumni than Pine and plays Kirk much closer to the original character. So Pine runs a distant third to me. Pine's Kirk has a different origin, different childhood and a different universe, so he's waaaay removed from Shatner's 1.0 original.