Captain Cardboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nils

Sr Member
Has anyone heard of Scott Alexander lately? I purchased a X-wing (thru ebay) from him about a month ago. I contacted him a couple of days after that and asked him when he will ship the kit and he said tuesday or wednesday (the same week). Now, thats three weeks ago and he never respond to my emails and I have not received the kit.

Is he ill or something? I know he´s a good guy but I´m starting to get worried.

Thanks.

He'll come through. I bought an Eva pod kit a while back. After a month he emailed me and was apologetic for not getting it to me sooner. I had it a week later. I've waited a lot longer for kits from other peeps.

I don't think I would worry too much...yet anyways. I received my D7 a couple of weeks ago, all was well. Bit of a delay but nothing extraordinary.

Exactly. He does not have these in "stock", the X-Wing. He casts them up as orders come in. It takes a while to cast up and box a SS X-Wing. I would try over on Hobbytalk.

That's how he does business, it can take months to years to get a model from him. That's how a lot of guys do business in this hobby.

Resin kits do not take much effort to cast.

Use the ebay system to enforce delivery, or get your money back. Don't put up with this sort of thing.

One guy still owes me a lot of stuff(not Scott), I haven't seen a thing. It's been at least 4 years on one item.

Scott's a member here. Try PM'ing CaptCBoard.

I've been waiting 12 years on a build up from him, but he'll eventually come through. He's juggling a lot of things the past few years.

TWELVE years? Man, I don't know who to feel sorrier for. You or Scott.

He needs to practice the 'ol "DON'T SELL WHAT YOU DO NOT HAVE" rule.

It might just be the mail.
I just recieved a package of donor kits & shoes that was sent to me mid October.
It was written off as 'gone' with some bloke in Chicago doin the moon walk in my Superstars whilst building some Tamiya F1 cars at night!
Then 1 day before my birthday which was on the 19th January I had a mail card saying 'Urgent Post Pick Up'.
It was my package nearly 3 months later!
Great birthday present though!
Was almost worth the anxiety & wait.

Scott 12 years is waaaaaay too long for anything & that needs to be adressed now you made that a public statement.

In Scott's defense, he is constantly developing the construction methods and details of the model, which has needed a lot of development work. And I did agree to wait until he finalized it until I took delivery. Yes, it gets frustrating sometimes because I'd thought it'd be done 10 years ago at the latest. And it was an immense investment...

Anyhow, what I'm saying more than that is that he sincerely will do what it takes to deliver. He's a stand up guy. And with casting kits he already has molds for there should be little delay.

No worries.
I was in no way having a dig at Scott.
he has been a or the forfather of these communities with his kit.

Scott is as good as gold and I trust him 100%.

But...

He works at a glacial pace. His progress on model projects needs to be documented with time-lapse photography and played back at 1000 X speed.

I know a LOT of people who have been waiting 10, 12, 14 years for a model from him. Heck, I remember ordering a model from him right when we had JUST started MR in 2001. I was in the LAX airport talking to him on my cell and I ordered the 2001 Orion model with my credit card. I remember it like it was yesterday...

In 2001.

poignant.

And YES, I know: "People who live in glass houses..." Many of us have taken longer than we wanted on comission builds due to delivery problems, conflicting schedules, family emergencies, lying vendors, etc etc. Jason knows what I am talking about.

But we haven't taken 14 years to deliver anything. That has to be an RPF record.

Scott will come through for ya! But you have to be VERY patient! :lol

Thanks for all your inputs.
However he said that it was supposed to go out Tuesday-Wednesday that same week and now...Nothing...
Don´t get me wrong, I know he´s coming thru but the lack of response is worrying me.
Also, I thought that ebay had a rule that things must go out within 30days otherwise it´s a preorder...

But, have been known to make mistakes...From time to time....:lol

In Scott's defense, he is constantly developing the construction methods and details of the model, which has needed a lot of development work.

Really, what construction method needs to be developed. its 2012. theres no model that takes 10, 12, 14 years to develope if it takes 14 years to figure out how to build something your in the wrong buisness.

12 years, I don't think it's coming. Come on it's not like he said everyday for 12 years I got to get to that build. I agree with Jason don't sell what you don't have, if I sell a kit and have to cast it within the week it will be done. It's hard if your a one man operation and your doing various kits the money will come in faster than you can get them out the door. I couldn't wait years I could be dead.

I guess I'm just venting. Shouldn't have done it here maybe, but I don't know any other way to express the problems and appreciate knowing what you guys think. I have no idea what to do about the situation except wait and try not to get frustrated over it. Sorry to hijack your thread Nils.

I've seen the progress pics. Yes, it is coming along. The sales of kits of completed projects help to fund previous commitments - just to explain a bit.

That is odd to wait a month for the kit Nils. Maybe he's having some trouble of some sort or it's lost in the mail.

Scott: are you out there? I'll try to call him soon. Maybe I can help to get an answer Nils. He posts his number over on his atomic city site if you want to call directly Nils.

Thanks, Scott!
I guess I'm just venting. Shouldn't have done it here maybe, but I don't know any other way to express the problems and appreciate knowing what you guys think. I have no idea what to do about the situation except wait and try not to get frustrated over it. Sorry to hijack your thread Nils.

I've seen the progress pics. Yes, it is coming along. The sales of kits of completed projects help to fund previous commitments - just to explain a bit.

That is odd to wait a month for the kit Nils. Maybe he's having some trouble of some sort or it's lost in the mail.

Scott: are you out there? I'll try to call him soon. Maybe I can help to get an answer Nils. He posts his number over on his atomic city site if you want to call directly Nils.

i had purchased x wing from him via ebay in Dec. i asked for the tracking number and it arrived after 3 weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back