Captain America's shield scratchbuild- lots o pics!

It's amazing learning all the different methods people come up with to create replicas. Starting off with the foam was a pretty unique idea...maybe old school to some of you, but I've got a LOT to learn. Thanks for sharing this!

I love the fact that amazing threads like this can be resurrected and it's perfectly acceptable. It gives those of us a chance that missed them or weren't here a chance to see them.

That is a great shield. I like the size and the fact it is lightweight too. I would have been the guy that defaced it by putting all the signatures on the front in one ring.

I love the fact that amazing threads like this can be resurrected and it's perfectly acceptable. It gives those of us a chance that missed them or weren't here a chance to see them.

I couldn't agree more. Many forums that I am on frown on resurrecting old threads, but at the same time complain when you start a new post on topics which have already been discussed. Even though I am new here this is already one of my favorite forums that I visit.

I am more of a DC guy than Marvel. But I have to say I love that shield. I would love to have a couple of them. One for me and one to give my local comic shop.

Beautiful Shield!!! Looks great.....

Quick question: What type of paint did you end up using for the red white and blue? Basic spray paint? Thanks for the assistance! :)

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back