Captain America TWS (The Winter Soldier

I did the blue canvas. There is also a cheaper way to do it by using a pp non woven fabric. Same colors but cheaper and a bit thinner. Also, won't unravel because theres so actual fabric.

- - - Updated - - -

DUDE!!! I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS!!!!! text me! 9495253882!

1 1/2" but should be closer to 1 1/4" to be completely accurate. I went with wider since I'm 6'4" and taller, so everything needs to just be that % larger cause Chris Evans is only 5'11"-6'.

1 1/2" but should be closer to 1 1/4" to be completely accurate. I went with wider since I'm 6'4" and taller, so everything needs to just be that % larger cause Chris Evans is only 5'11"-6'.

Thank you. Good point about the scaling. At 5'8", I guess I should entertain 1" straps for mine (maybe?).

Uploading this from my phone. Hope it works! I started the back panel today! Measurements aren't perfect but they are what I have to work with, professional guessing... ;)

image.jpg

Stuck inside for the snowstorm today. Getting a few more pieces worked on before calling it a night and memorizing lines! Oh, and drinks with friends in midtown. Anyone wanna join?!

photo 5.JPG
photo 4.JPG
photo 3.JPG
photo 2.JPG
photo 1.JPG

That's coming along great. Makes me almost wish I had snow days in Florida so that I could get some costuming done. Well, almost. ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Stuck inside for the snowstorm today. Getting a few more pieces worked on before calling it a night and memorizing lines! Oh, and drinks with friends in midtown. Anyone wanna join?!
Little bit of snow and look at you go!
Hope there is a blizzard this weekend and the suit would be done by Monday.

001.JPG002.JPGHere is the next step for the gloves. A bit of hit and miss, stabbing in the dark, etc. Next, the buckle-thing and the holes! Also, a bit of hand-sewing with the fingers palm-side. They actually look better in person than in the pics!

Last edited:
These gloves look sweet!

Thanks, they are far less daunting than I thought they would be when I started them. I'll finish them tonight then start on the bodysuit. It's an odd little outfit, isn't it?

- - - Updated - - -

Working on the small pieces for the front. Goin to start on sewing it all together. Then the arms possibly?View attachment 277294

Cool-the hard part is gonna be all the silver bits-possibly rubber?

Thanks, they are far less daunting than I thought they would be when I started them. I'll finish them tonight then start on the bodysuit. It's an odd little outfit, isn't it?

- - - Updated - - -

Cool-the hard part is gonna be all the silver bits-possibly rubber?

Possibly! I will see what I can find before I started making them myself. It's going to be harder than sewing, that's for sure!

Do we know if anyone is planning on making the small SHIELD patch from the right shoulder? It looks like its rubber/PVC. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1390533365.580697.jpg

Brilliant! I wish I had the skills for that. Of course, while you're at it, you can always practice making the flag for the left shoulder as wellImageUploadedByTapatalk1390533873.692271.jpg. ;-)

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back