Captain America: The First Avenger "Rescue" Helmet

PropsToHistory

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Instarted this a few months back, and just finished it this afternoon. Made from a Late War McCord M1 Steel Pot, a Capac M1C Jump Liner (rewebbed in the 50s) an original set of AN-6530s and some repro chin straps for the M1 Pot.

Painted in a 70:30 mix of Tamiya X-4 flat blue and XF-82 Ocean Gray 2 (RAF) with the "A" Airbrushed freehand.

The helmet was primed with White acrylic filled with sand to mimic the anti glare coating of ww2.
20200715_141527.jpg
20200715_141516.jpg
20200715_141457.jpg
ww2-captain-america.jpg
images (3).jpeg

Where do you recommend picking the helmet and everything up from? I'm less concerned about getting original genuine WWII parts and more just getting the look of the helmet from the movie right. A couple of sites I've just taken a cursory look at seem pretty expensive. Ebay has some pretty inexpensive helmets, but then what about the liner? Also, I see there are a few different versions of the paratrooper liner -- westinghouse and a couple of others it looks like.

As far as the M1 steel helmet goes, the design changed very little throughout its life. So most m1 helmets will work. The chin straps will need changed more often than not.

As far as liners go, you can modify any existing liner to have the M1C "A" straps and cup.

The A yokes and chin cup can be found here

The Goggles are another matter.

AN-6530s are hard to find original that aren't deteriorated.

Or cheap

Your best bet is repros, which are just as expensive as originals, weirdly.

There are plastic m1 helmets out there as well, as another option

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back