Captain America's Battle-Distressed Combat Helmet from Captain America: The First Avenger

Tom

Chris Evans' "Captain America" battle-distressed combat helmet from Captain America: The First Avenger.

Captain America’s iconic helmet is constructed of a cast rubber shell expertly finished to appear as armor. It includes soft brown leather lining components and stitched leather, vented ear flaps that come from within the helmet and a leather chin strap that fastens with a metal clasp. Also features leather lining around nose and mouth portions of the mask. The entire construction has been expertly assembled and painted with the iconic “A” on the forehead and stenciled white wings on either side of the helmet. Meticulous studio distressing has been applied to create the appearance of battle damage including scratches, impacts, abrasions and soiling perfectly matching the advanced stages of helmets highly visible on screen. Handwritten on the interior, “#2 Stage 3” and, “2 Wobb” in white ink. A brilliant example of the craft and attention to detail synonymous with the Marvel Universe and the beloved Captain America franchise.

This is one my favorite pieces; it was actually harder to get than Mjolnir. The helmet popped up in a few different places before I was able to snag it. I'm always surprised when a collector gives something like this up--but I shouldn't be, because I do the same thing. The pandemic has made some prime pieces available because production has stopped and a there are a lot of people in the industry who need money. I hope for all of our sakes that we get back to normal ASAP.

cap197.1_2.jpg

cap197.1b_3.jpg

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back