Captain America Suit: Avengers 2 - Reverence and building thread

Wow! Thanks for these, I've been drawing sketches so I've at least got a plan for what I am doing. I'd been struggling on the trousers, and those pictures have helped A LOT!
Personally I think he's wearing magnum tactical boots with gaiters to give that "tall boot" effect.
I think for the main jacket, you could probably use a mixture of denim and foam inserts (if you're any good with sewing).
For the gloves, I'm struggling to find something that goes up half of my arm. I can find the fingerless gloves easily. Anyone got any suggestions?
For the back harness I'm looking at trying the whole rare earth magnets thing that I'm seeing people discussing, and possibly considering putting one on the gloves too
Any more suggestions would be appreciated

I've had a look at your Pinterest, I'm interested to know what materials you used on your winter soldier. I've had a few ideas and I think he's wearing cargo trousers on this costume, with all of the patterns and knee pads sewn in.

As a rule, I don't start with a pre made garment . I'm using a pattern for coveralls, it seems more likea one piece garment to me, same as his newest one. The fabric was a "content unknown " stretch knit, but I liked the texture. For his new one, I'm gonna use a canvas.

Canvas seems like an interesting fabric to use... I'm struggling to figure out where I'd put a zip on the costume (if it were a one piece garment) as it would collide with the star on the front, and the padding on the spine at the back. Any ideas?

Canvas seems like an interesting fabric to use... I'm struggling to figure out where I'd put a zip on the costume (if it were a one piece garment) as it would collide with the star on the front, and the padding on the spine at the back. Any ideas?

I'm thinking about a central front zip, with a double breasted flap. I'll be working on more sketches tonight.

I just got my metal parts for the harness and belt from dstengler yesterday. I noticed that the outer strap on the harness is now nylon webbing instead of leather like in TWS. It's only obvious in a couple of the photos.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    209.3 KB · Views: 420
I just got my metal parts for the harness and belt from dstengler yesterday. I noticed that the outer strap on the harness is now nylon webbing instead of leather like in TWS. It's only obvious in a couple of the photos.

Looking at that, I think it is just webbing on top (and weaved into the clavicle hardware) of the leather straps.

I've had a bit of a closer look at the chest, and I think it's pretty much the same as TWS costume, just with a different colour scheme and minus the torso stripes. Does anyone have any pictures of templates for TWS that I can use for references?

I don't know if anyone noticed and if this has been posted, if it has just igonere it, but the closure on the backside of caps belt look like the same idea as the jedi belts...

image.jpg
I got my fabric samples from Seattle Fabrics a few days ago. I ordered several different weights of nylon, and the 1000D is definitely the way to go. Even the 500D was too sheer. The colors I have here are royal, red, wine, white, and navy. I really wish there was a in-between on the reds and blues. I am going to wait and see how they look in the sunlight. Without a doubt, the wine and navy would be great for a stealth suit. Not sure if they are too dark for Avengers 2.

Great color selection. With all the different colors, materials and textures this will be a stunning suit to see in person.

Just going to wait and see how my helmet from BG fits, then moving ahead. I already have boots and dstengler's metal parts. And a CousinDave shield from my TFA suit.

This cap suit is outstanding! Can anyone direct me to someone who can build me a quality version of this helmet? I need one!

Ok, now wat about the fingerless gloves? I've looked around a lil bit but has anyone found them or ones that look really similar? I'm helping a buddy work on a suit that's a hybrid suit and he liked the gloves. Also what are those things covering the boots and where can I get them?

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back