Captain America Suit: Avengers 2 - Reverence and building thread

I don't know how to take screenshots from videos, so if someone knows how to do it: in the first video on this page, from about the 0:19-0:24 second mark, you can see the back of the AoS Cap suit.

Avengers: Age of Ultron Set Videos | Latest News Explorer

Untitled-1.jpg

Well.. here's my nex.... one of my next... projects! Soooo... it's pretty much the Winter Soldier suit with some slight color and pattern mods... yay! This thread can work to collect reference pics and let everyone help make their suits come to life!

View attachment 307034View attachment 307035View attachment 307036View attachment 307037View attachment 307038View attachment 307039

Wow, you can see the Avengers symbol on his right shoulder (that tiny letter A)

Back of the AoU suit looks identical to the stealth suit, looking more and more like they used the stealth suit as the base and evolved this suit from there. Should certainly help builders if they decide to modify their stealth suits to the AoU suit down the road.

the suit looks like some parts are leather. look where the material bunches at the bend of his knee

Anyone else notice that they've subtly added in the 'pants over the trousers' look? It might just be that screenshot of the back of the suit but it looks like they've gone and added that in with the way they've done the pattern of the trousers.

I'll be making this as well. Sooooo happy that on-set security is light enough that we have such fantastic access to these beautiful shots!

Anyone else notice that they've subtly added in the 'pants over the trousers' look? It might just be that screenshot of the back of the suit but it looks like they've gone and added that in with the way they've done the pattern of the trousers.

I did notice that is some of the shots.
maybe a different suit just for some scenes?
perhaps its just s more comfortable?

Some pics I haven't seen posted here yet.

ob_d3aac7_nyzt.jpgL20140404.99001141826077504.jpg

So based on what we've seen so far, I think they used the 5 inch model of boots instead of the 8 inch. I just don't see the shape of the 8.0 showing underneath the gaiters. Anyone else have any thoughts?

Good find! I think either would work, the 5 or 8. I got the 8 for the side zip. That second pic really shows some good detail on the pants.

Some pics I haven't seen posted here yet.

View attachment 316364View attachment 316365

So based on what we've seen so far, I think they used the 5 inch model of boots instead of the 8 inch. I just don't see the shape of the 8.0 showing underneath the gaiters. Anyone else have any thoughts?
Wow! Thanks for these, I've been drawing sketches so I've at least got a plan for what I am doing. I'd been struggling on the trousers, and those pictures have helped A LOT!
Personally I think he's wearing magnum tactical boots with gaiters to give that "tall boot" effect.
I think for the main jacket, you could probably use a mixture of denim and foam inserts (if you're any good with sewing).
For the gloves, I'm struggling to find something that goes up half of my arm. I can find the fingerless gloves easily. Anyone got any suggestions?
For the back harness I'm looking at trying the whole rare earth magnets thing that I'm seeing people discussing, and possibly considering putting one on the gloves too
Any more suggestions would be appreciated

Wow! Thanks for these, I've been drawing sketches so I've at least got a plan for what I am doing. I'd been struggling on the trousers, and those pictures have helped A LOT!
Personally I think he's wearing magnum tactical boots with gaiters to give that "tall boot" effect.
I think for the main jacket, you could probably use a mixture of denim and foam inserts (if you're any good with sewing).
For the gloves, I'm struggling to find something that goes up half of my arm. I can find the fingerless gloves easily. Anyone got any suggestions?
For the back harness I'm looking at trying the whole rare earth magnets thing that I'm seeing people discussing, and possibly considering putting one on the gloves too
Any more suggestions would be appreciated

I'm working on my sketches as well. Check out what I've done on my Pintrest page, under Luciano Uccedo. Also, I am using my gloves from my Winter Soldier Cap version, as well as the belt and shield harness.

I'm working on my sketches as well. Check out what I've done on my Pintrest page, under Luciano Uccedo. Also, I am using my gloves from my Winter Soldier Cap version, as well as the belt and shield harness.

I've had a look at your Pinterest, I'm interested to know what materials you used on your winter soldier. I've had a few ideas and I think he's wearing cargo trousers on this costume, with all of the patterns and knee pads sewn in.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back