"Captain America, how exciting!" TWS TFA Rescue USO and Ultimates WW2

As always I'm extremely impressed by your work. Great job.
Definitely using the tips in this thread to soup up my Cap Suit. Thanks for posting your progress

Awesome job on everything! I plan on putting together a rescue costume for a convention in may. It won't be near as accurate but it will be fun either way. My girlfriend is also making a USO dancer!

I need to do some work on my jacket, it's too new!

Keep the pics coming!

I had the shield mounted to the back buckle for a poster but it hangs too low.

The buckle on my suit is too low as it is but with the shield attached. Yikes! The poster ended up being Photoshopped.

Last edited:
Thanks for putting all of this up, Fly4v! It's been very informative in my quest to create my own Rescue outfit, and just plain entertaining to watch the progress, to boot.

I'm having a bit of trouble with my Rescue shield, though. Whenever I try to wear it on my back, the shield always seems to go crooked and make it a pain to walk around. Do you have any advice on how to make the shield stay in place when I'm not holding on to it?

Whenever I try to wear it on my back, the shield always seems to go crooked and make it a pain to walk around. Do you have any advice on how to make the shield stay in place when I'm not holding on to it?

If you don't want to take it off your back, thread your shoulder harness thru the handles. Or could have a little pocket sewn in to the liner of your jacket for a couple of these rare earth magnets.

Applied Magnets ® 8-pc Neodymium Magnets 1" x 1/8" Strong Disc Magnets - Amazon.com

The one cantle strap would support the weight of the shield while a magnet or two would keep it from moving.

Hey Fly4v, always loved all of your Cap suits, the craftmanship is great and I quite enjoy the ingenuity used throughout. Always a fun thread to check up on, a and the new TWS updates look spot on.

Also, I was looking to get some new running shoes anyway, so I was wondering, which pair of Lunarglides are those? Was perusing the web and couldn't find anything, closest I got was doing Nike I.D. and even then I couldn't get the innersole to be that yellow/highlighter color.

I got was doing Nike I.D. and even then I couldn't get the innersole to be that yellow/highlighter color.

Glad I could help and glad you like the posts.
The innersole's on both pairs of the 4's and 5s are yellow. I didn't select that color, just how they came each time.
Here are the details from the confirmation email for the +5s.

NIKE LUNARGLIDE+ 5 iD MEN'S RUNNING SHOE
STYLE # / COLOR #: 629491-991
SIZE: 11
COLOR: Multi/Multi

Multi/Multi doesn't help much. Guess everything is in the style and color numbers... but everything on the order was Dark Gray, except the swoosh 'black' and the mid-sole 'white'.
The sock liner I picked was the 'responsive' that may have set the color to yellow.

Nike customer service is really helpful. I am sure a call before ordering and they could sort everything.

Re: "Captain America, how exciting!" TWS concept and TFA

It has been a great weekend, in-spite of some set backs.
Broke the goggles that I use for the Ultimates WW2 Cap. So much for the trusted motorcycle goggles.

So I dawned the incomplete TFA Hero uniform still minus boot cuff, leather for helmet, and the buckles on the gloves..... also the front of the shield has not been clear coated.... then in haste, I broke one of the leather boot laces.
The breaking didn't stop there. Half way through, the lower back buckle gave out and cracked across the top.

Even incomplete, the suit was a hit.

http://i905.photobucket.com/albums/... America WIPs/TFASuitFitting9_zpsd661a4a2.jpg

http://i905.photobucket.com/albums/...ica WIPs/TFASuitwShieldAction_zpsfe6519f8.jpg

http://i905.photobucket.com/albums/...erica WIPs/TFASuitwShieldBack_zps708c0889.jpg

Very happy that it was freezing today because this suit gets hot fast.

I was glad that the back of the shield was polished and clear coated. No one believed that it was plastic.

http://i905.photobucket.com/albums/... America WIPs/AirsoftShield26_zpsffe65662.jpg

Some were just being polite, maybe, yet it does shine in the sun.

I do know, after I fix the buckle, that I need to get the leather for the helmet done. Wow does the lack highlight the ears.

Read this whole thread start to finish, this came together so well I am in awe! Excellent work

Oh nooooo.... the photos from this awesome Captain America (multiple) build(s) thread are gone? nooooooo..... Fly, what happened?

Oh nooooo.... the photos from this awesome Captain America (multiple) build(s) thread are gone? nooooooo..... Fly, what happened?

Thanks for the interest and kind words of praise.

Sorry but I reached bandwidth limit. They are back up.

Hey Fly,

Quick question for ya. I know the airsoft shield is about 24 inches in diameter. Whats the diameter of the center star on it? Im going through a sled build and I'm trying to ascertain what a good star diameter would be.

Thanks,
Aeric

Hey Fly,

Quick question for ya. I know the airsoft shield is about 24 inches in diameter. Whats the diameter of the center star on it? Im going through a sled build and I'm trying to ascertain what a good star diameter would be.

Thanks,
Aeric

Not Fly here, but I felt I could offer some help anyway. People have used star sizes ranging from 8"-10" depending on the diameter of the shield and how they want it to look, but most settle on a 9.5" star, Valor included.

Thanks Neoproks, on the steel shield I used a 10 inch star. The template is on page 7 in this thread. You can't go wrong getting one of Valor's stars.

There was a thread than had all the measurements for the movie shield but if you still want the info on the airsoft, I'll meaure and post it tonight.

The Blue circle is 10 1/2 inches.
The Star point to trough is 7 1/4 inches.
The rings start at 2 1/16 and expand with the exterior ring 2 1/8

The shield has a diameter of 22 1/4 inches.
Outer actual contour is 23 1/4 inches.​

Glad I could help.
The diameter of the circle should be about the same size of the star. It is easier if you are making a saucer shield there is a slight difference if the star is for a spun aluminum shield.

And those measurements are from the airsoft shield.

For the sled shield, just tape off the circle the size you want based on the star you are using. The edge of the circle and the tip of the star will line up perfectly.

On a spun shield, the circle is cut into to the shield so you have to worry about the grove, the actual contour of the surface and then account of the bend in the star.
It sounds confusing but is really cool when you think about it.

Sad that some of the best and original work on the movie shield is no longer on the RPF.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back