Captain America Avengers Helmet Help

BobbyS95

So, I am in the planning stages of a Captain America Avengers costume, and am stuck on how to make the helmet. I have seen some beautiful sculpts in the Junkyard, but don't have the money for them. I am almost positive that in the film, the helmet is just a hood. (If anyone could find screenshots of it, it would be greatly appreciated)

I was thinking of making it out of rubber or some other material. Is the any kind of "liquid rubber" out there that I could use just like urethane?

The helmet is definitely a helmet, not a hood. There is a hood that goes underneath the helmet, but they are separate pieces.

Its funny but in all the promo art, like on toys and clothes, they draw him wearing like a hood. Even has his ears exposed. I wonder if this was the intention then they scrapped it. On the drawings they look better then the helmet version. Would be nice to see someone tackle that version.

You can see here the difference. The urethane helmet and the fabric hood underneath:

cap-helmet-close.jpg

Helemt section is for sure a high shore urethane Rubber (most likely 80-90) same as the First Avengers helmets were. The underhood will be the same fabric as the suit which looks to be a nylon, same base as the First Avengers suit as well just different silk screen pattern.

I believe all of you about it actually being a helmet. The only thing that I'm confused about is why they printed the wings on the hood as you can see in the pic attached.

I noticed the wings on the hood the 3rd time I saw the film. On the fifth screening I noticed the A is on the hood as well. Maybe they did it to make it look like its a mask/cowl. Maybe the urethane rubber isn't as thick and rigid as it looks...maybe they were gonna go with a softer helmet, then changed after some scenes were filmed.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back