Cannon animatronics the easy way

ofak

Here is a link to a video of my progress so far, I still need to get the servo for the up and down movement.

http://www.facebook.com/v/201920729844263"

Please forgive the crud diagram that i am using, i don't have a good program to post this with ( using windows paint). The idea was in my head before i even made this, it is the same concept I have used when i was younger when i made homemade tattoo kits.

take your basic motor/servo with a lot of torque at a low speed with a pressure switch ( got mine from an old hopper from a paintball gun) and use it with the mechanics in this post. More diagrams coming, I will be making a video of mine soon.
The good thing about this is you don't need a directional servo, once you find the right torqued ( and speed) motor the movement will depend on the reenactment of the pressure switch or eye switch (from the paintball hopper)

predatorcannonanimatronics.jpg

The up and down motion (mechanics) will be the same as the side to side just mounted different. I have already made one with the side to side motion and it works great, I have to go to my local paintball place to rip open the other hopper to get that motor for this one.

I hope I'm not confusing you all, it will make since eventually...

All you have to do is post and update here and it will show up as a new thread at the top of the list and noone will have to scroll threw pages as you described.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back