Can you make the Mattel Ghost Trap "smoke"?

Discussion in 'Replica Props' started by GeneralFROSTY, Dec 27, 2011.

1. GeneralFROSTY

GeneralFROSTY Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Before the wisecrackers chime in with comments about buying a pack of cigarettes for your ghost trap and forcing it to smoke them all - which is oddly funny - what I mean (and I know you know what I mean) is there a SAFE and effective way to produce smoke from the Mattel ghost trap?
    I am looking into model trail smoke pellets but don't know how they work or if they would be safe inside the housing.
    Having the smoke function by pressing a switch would be nice but I think having something that I can drop in (out of eyesight at a party) and then walk in with the smoking trap would be really fun.
    Has anyone tried this?

2. Organic Mechanic

Organic Mechanic Sr Member

Have you considered dry ice?

3. GeneralFROSTY

Won't that need water to work? Remember, we gotta keep the electronics safe in the Mattel trap and there is the plastic to consider as well.

4. Organic Mechanic

Organic Mechanic Sr Member

Ahh yeah, I didn't think of the electronics.

OK, how about something simple, like a cone incense inside a brazier style burner? It would work if you dangled it from a chain inside the trap. You'd just have to be sure to set it down in the same way you carry it until it goes out/you put it out, otherwise you'll risk ember burns to your trap.

Couldn't do that too many times without smoke staining the plastic though.

Honestly, I can't think of too many ways without modifying the trap, so I'm prolly not much help. :lol

5. Maelstrom

Maelstrom Sr Member

6. OdiWan72

OdiWan72 Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

7. GeneralFROSTY

That may be worth looking into...

8. Jannix Quinn

Jannix Quinn Sr Member