Tony BearJug

Hello!

So around 2013 or so, I bought a Matty Collector Ghost Trap on eBay for around $300. The ghost trap is easily one of my favorite movie props so I got really excited to put batteries in it and play with it. So I did, but I made the mistake of leaving the batteries in and they corroded.

Anyway, as much as I love the prop, I'm in need of some money and was thinking of selling it.

I still have the original "crate" box for it and I would clean the corrosion from it and ensure the electronics work before selling it. I also have the accessories.
I don't think I have the foam inserts or the white box the crate came in, but I may know where they are.

I was wondering how much I could sell the trap for if I put it up on eBay with the crate box, cleaned battery compartment, and accessories? This would be without the white box and foam.

Would it be any more valuable if I had the white outer box and foam inserts? If so, by how much?

Thank You!

Side Note: I've cleaned corrosion from battery compartments before but does anyone know some surefire ways to clean it without damaging the prop at all? Thank you haha.

I've seen ones in good condition with all the original packaging sell in the $500 range. Considering the corrosion issue, I think you could probably ask $350. You'll most likely be offered less because that seems to be the way eBay buyers operate.

In perfect condition, 700 to 800 dollars. But with the damage, 500 to 700, assuming it works.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back