Calling all Terminator Endo Experts: Neck Piston Placement

thegreatgalling

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hi gang!

I am currently working on reinstalling a set of neck pistons (and hose) on my T-850 bust. I have tried my best to sift through references upon references, but I simply can't find the answers I am looking for.

Can anyone help me with the correct orientation of the pistons and neck hose? Are they level? Are they supposed to be on any angle? EVERY picture of a skull I have seen varies.

Since we know less about the mechanics of the T-850 than the T-800, I have been using the T-800 skull as a guide.

Here, when we see a Toynami next to a Sideshow bust (not my pics btw, I got them on the sideshow forum) we see the metal hose is placed in two different places. On the Toynami, it goes beneath the canal, and on the sideshow, it goes IN the canal. Also, the Toynami has the pistons on more of an angle and the hose is straight - while the sideshow has the pistons more level with the hose really angled toward the front of the neck.

Which is more accurate? Which of the two would you go by if any?

t8002.jpg

t8003.jpg

T800Endobusts4.jpg

I'm not expert, just a collector. I'm sorry. :(

See the T-800 BD Sideshow center bust. I would put it on an angle. The cable is meant to pull the skull/head side to side, but in most pictures I have or had seen the horizontal piece of the cable end is on an angle, like shown in the middle bust. The T3 bust you are making gives you a lot of room to wiggle and not have a specific angle since he is battle damaged and things may be out of whack. In any case, I know you want accuracy, but in this case, I believe close enough is close enough. No one would argue that the NW - SE angle is off by 2 - 3 degrees. I hope I understood the question.

Endo Builders Club (EBC)

The real experts are above as well as reference pictures. If you are not a member, I suggest you join. PM SIR ROUND, he is the access, code master and can let you, but remember, EBC like the the Hotel California... "you can check out anytime you like, but, you can never leave!"

Don't worry, once you join, you can then see the threads and pictures. You see nothing unless you join. We like it like that.

Thanks so much, you really nailed what I was asking. Based on the pics, it appears there is hardly an accepted position, and I am going to use that wiggle room to place it how I feel it looks right to me.

Thanks for the link as well.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back