Cad Bane BoBF reference

My quick doodle of the back box with an intake and exahust fan. We still need more reference for the back box. Ignore the arrows going in the wrong direction :)
I’m telling you this is an amazing idea…
Has anyone purchased the accurate elbow connectors for the hoses? Just curious if a reliable site was found

I’m telling you this is an amazing idea…
Has anyone purchased the accurate elbow connectors for the hoses? Just curious if a reliable site was found
If you search for them by name, there are many online sellers. They range from $10 plus shipping to $25 or so depending on the retailer.
I ordered some from an online pharmacy but they haven’t arrived yet

If you search for them by name, there are many online sellers. They range from $10 plus shipping to $25 or so depending on the retailer.
I ordered some from an online pharmacy but they haven’t arrived yet
Thank you! I’m going to start looking when I get home

Attachments

• IMG_20220216_150116.jpg
    IMG_20220216_150116.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 115
  • IMG_20220216_150036.jpg
    IMG_20220216_150036.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 110
Do3D has a pretty decent file for a BOBF Cad mask, I'd imagine molding and casting the face out of a tinted silicone or tinted translucent resin to mimic flesh would work... Hmmm cookin up ideas

Hey guys, I've been working on the blasters. Mostly taking missing details from the Colt Navy 1851. Here's some current renders of my progress. I have some resin test prints running now...

Mark

(These comments are without reference to the screencaps, and refer purely to my impressions of your design.)

The ramrod looks really weird to me on a blaster. What would it even do? I mean, maybe it's used to eject a spent power cell or something? That might work, maybe the use-case for this weapon is "wearing bulky gloves" so all the controls are huge and easy to manipulate. In which case, making the releases for the ramrod bigger and easier to manipulate would make more sense to me.

Also, the utterly useless front sight post should either be tall enough that you can see over the flash hider, or just not there at all. An interesting, albeit almost certainly not canon, idea, would be to incorporate the front sight into the flash hider.

I'd also want a little bit of surface detailing on the sides where the cylinder used to was.

But these are minor niggles, and the overall look is very impressive!

I was able to take the new cardboard standee image and put it into my master photo scale document.

I had to guess on the scale of the new image, as he is slightly hunched over, but I was surpised at what matched up - pretty much everything!
Check out the image on the right with the measurements. I was pretty accurate with everything in terms of matching scale.
The bracers / gauntlets are slightly longer at 9" instead of 8.75" but this could be from the higher resolution image.
The belt and ammo rounds are the same. I was able to measure the holster which I hope to draft a pattern for soon. I was also able to get a measurement from the lower belly greeblie, which whill help establish scale for the rest of them.

One cool thing I was able to do was measure the blaster from the tip of the flash hider to the tip of the adjustment knob where the hammer would be. This matches the scale I previously set and using Mark Prenters blaster render, it matches almost exactly the same! So this gives a full blaster length of about 14 3/8" - 14.5", at least according to these images and the height of the actor.

Enjoy!

Attachments

• cad_bane_scaleV2small.jpg
    cad_bane_scaleV2small.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 90
Has anyone seen that “cheap” latex Halloween alien mask a few people had found and painted? I’ve seen it on Facebook at least twice in the last few weeks. No matter what I search on there, I don’t see any results.

Has anyone seen that “cheap” latex Halloween alien mask a few people had found and painted? I’ve seen it on Facebook at least twice in the last few weeks. No matter what I search on there, I don’t see any results.
This one?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back