C3PO Homemade Build

Really great looking suit. The eyes are way too big though. you should look into either a cheap 3po mask or use a pepakura pattern at least as a basis. the head sells it imo. I really dig the look of your sculpt but its bug eyed 50ies 3po atm. But it does have loads of character, it very well could be a cool character on its own. Could be the camera lens distortion though that makes it look disproportionate, taking pics from a few feet back usually helps.

Really great looking suit. The eyes are way too big though. you should look into either a cheap 3po mask or use a pepakura pattern at least as a basis. the head sells it imo. I really dig the look of your sculpt but its bug eyed 50ies 3po atm. But it does have loads of character, it very well could be a cool character on its own. Could be the camera lens distortion though that makes it look disproportionate, taking pics from a few feet back usually helps.

I'll be the first to admit that the eyes are too large, unfortunately, the lenses I had were all that I had when sculpting, and I had to apply them during the sculpt so that they would stay in place, I've considered applying a thin layer of clay round the edges of the eyes to make them look smaller, this would also secure the bars in place in front of the eyes, I'll also be adding a couple of lights to each lens too, so that may deter from their size
9c84585d82d934638a5c5d432335e340.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love it, can't wait too see it finished.
I love budget builds and it looks like fun at the pace you are going :)
Warp speed. (sorry, wrong movie)

I love it, can't wait too see it finished.
I love budget builds and it looks like fun at the pace you are going :)
Warp speed. (sorry, wrong movie)

Why thank you sir! I'm having a blast and I'm very much on track considering I'm helping to make Rey and Luke for my friends too for the same convention, if I had more time this could've looked better but for the speed and budget in pretty pleased!:)

2caa254534bb4f1c0a465859fb962fa4.jpg
Sculpture of the head is going alright, still work to be done but it's starting to take shape which is nice.

043f75531452206d43d1c79ca5d0e5a4.jpg
cbcad30af18f8aff64c02bbaf7470f30.jpg

Feels good that the costume is starting to take shape, it's super uncomfortable to wear, but I guess I gotta get used to that, only shoes, hands, head, and details left to do now.

Looks awesome. Maybe sand down the inside of helmet and add thin foamy sheets to inside for comfort? Other than that 10/10 on this build. Keep it up!!
Goodluck,
Alex

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk

Looks awesome. Maybe sand down the inside of helmet and add thin foamy sheets to inside for comfort? Other than that 10/10 on this build. Keep it up!!
Goodluck,
Alex

I've had the idea to add a few foam pads inside which will (hopefully) make the head a bit easier to wear for long periods of time, thanks for the suggestion, I'll see about trying that one out:)

Hah, awesome! You could go to a bicycle shop and see if you can get large reflectors for tire spokes to but behind the eyes. Or plain old bubble wrap between two pieces of plexi.

Hah, awesome! You could go to a bicycle shop and see if you can get large reflectors for tire spokes to but behind the eyes. Or plain old bubble wrap between two pieces of plexi.

I've actually got a few LEDs that I'll be putting in the eyes if all goes to plan, all good suggestions though - thanks!

Hey all, I've still got details to add, but here's where I'm at, I'm nervous to wear this to the convention, not only because of how restricting and difficult it is to wear, but I'm also worried that it's really not that good, not sure if this is just a paranoid feeling, but I'm really not feeling too great about this generally:/
3fdb0727fc30465df08f06ca34df44f6.jpg
b9de794f46e832f9b4a20b8c1af96a32.jpg

Looks great!! I'd definintly wear it at a con!! The small imperfections make it official that u made it yourself. Be proud of your work.

Alex

I'm also worried that it's really not that good, not sure if this is just a paranoid feeling, but I'm really not feeling too great about this generally:/

Nah, you'll get so many people wanting to take pictures with you that you won't have time to worry. Who wouldn't like a shiny gold droid? Even if you are nervous, nobody will be able to see your face and to be honest, being nervous suits the character. :)

-Rog

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back