C3PO Homemade Build

georgecosplay

Hi everyone, for some time now, I've wanted to have my own C3PO suit, unfortunately, I have a very low budget, but I do love to make things, and so, I'm setting out on creating my own from things I have around the house, my aim is to finish this by the 3rd September for a local con. It'll be made from a method I've used for a while which involved wrapping wire in bubblewrap and then covering it on tape, this acts as the structure and is very lightweight, I created my rocket raccoon head using this method, I'll then cover it in some sort of sealant such as gumstrip or something like that for details, I've made the basis for my left arm so far, but will be documenting my progress as I go along, thanks again.
37c12062884f271e36371c6917acc4ba.jpg
0355bbbb79ae0b95146c5e5c0c1062bf.jpg
a0a39792ebd3df8921e27f31c03cf41e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Both arm structures now complete, they move just like threepio too, I'm going to work on either the legs or the torso tomorrow.
db3be348442ce5901d833aef1fa72ee9.jpg

Here's today's progress so far: structure of the waist area alongside both legs, this of course restricts movement and I still have some structural parts to add to this area, but it provides the basic shape for the minute.
fd9d47b8a559eb111b1d12638997604b.jpg
de9ed188c6523b0d983094b9d65f71e3.jpg
c88945579200327f652be36792f9fdda.jpg

Budget build!!! I'm actually about to start mine in a couple weeks, can't wait to see the final product! Subscribed!
Goodluck,
Alex

Great build! How are you going to cover the parts? Maybe you can find those vac metallized blankets that are included in car first aid kits somewhere for cheap and use them?

Great build! How are you going to cover the parts? Maybe you can find those vac metallized blankets that are included in car first aid kits somewhere for cheap and use them?

Still deciding yet although that's an interesting suggestion, thank you, I'm not sure I'll be able to chrome him so I may have to go for a more dulled look like in The Force Awakens

As far as a budget build goes I would have to give this a 9/10.
I can definitely tell who its supposed to be. Cant wait to see it completed.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back