bushmaster si pump action marker

mandybat

Has anybody ever tried to pimp one of these up?
It's been sitting around at home gathering dust and it keeps looking at me :confused
Any ideas as to what I could do with it?

.......KEEP THE SUGGESTIONS CLEAN PLEASE. :D
bushmaster si

The first thing that popped into my mind upon looking at it was Leia's blaster on Tantive IV in ANH. It's not going to be 100% screen accurate, but you could get it close enough that most fans would recognize it.

Thanks RedTwoX......I was kinda expecting this to be a "tumbleweed" post..
NOW......does anybody by any chance have any pics or screencaps of Leia's blaster that would help me on my mission? :love

A Google image search for "Leia's blaster" turned a lot of images:

Google Search

However, they almost all the Master Replicas version. There are only a couple of screen caps.

That should get you started. I'll dig through what I have and post again if I come up with anything.

I must have misspelled when I did a google search....thanks.
Hmmm...There are a few similarities...but as you say it wouldn't be 100% screen accurate.
My 16 yo Son has just told me off for considering pimping the marker as it is "an historical relic of the paintball world"
:unsure :confused .....nahhhhhhhh......PIMP IT. :D

aaahhhhhh, that was my first paintball gun. i dismantled and lost half the pieces :cry

i had the same idea about turning it in to some kind future blaster type gun but alas it was not to be. I kind of miss the thing now.

Dan.

Originally posted by AlltoEasy@Feb 5 2006, 08:17 PM
aaahhhhhh, that was my first paintball gun. i dismantled and lost half the pieces  :cry

i had the same idea about turning it in to some kind future blaster type gun but alas it was not to be. I kind of miss the thing now.

Dan.
[snapback]1176667[/snapback]​

I'd send you this one...but it doesn't sound like you look after your toys :angry :D ..........
My son has had his Ion apart SOooOOo many times and broken/lost so many pieces that it looks like Frankensteins gun.Still rox tho'.

I'm considering going all futuristic on the bushmaster....there are heaps of bolt-on goodies kicking about on the floor of the custom bike workshop where I have space.
However I'm a girly...and we're not good in that department :)........ "The super nade rainbows and puppies ray gun" yuk :unsure

Conversion to a decent DDC defender (leia blaster) replica will be easy and should cost less than $20.

1) Hack off the feed tube. You can get a thin piece of sintra (one of those plastic "For Sale" signs) and cut it down to size. Use a hair dryer to bend it to shape. Use 5 min. 2 part epoxy to attach.

2) Lose the pump handle and use more of the sintra to cover up the remaining groove.

3) Get a piece of PVC tube whose inner diameter will just slide over the bushmaster's barrel. You'll only need a 2" - 3" section. Pick up and end cap that will fit over said PVC pipe.

4) Get some plastic ribbed hose; one size to fit over the bushmaster barrel and a larger size to fit over the pvc.

Assemble it all to resemble the pics of the blaster and paint it all with a satin black enamel (krylon or plastikote).

Post pics when finished

-Fred

Any ideas as to what I could do with it?

Here is a little something I worked up in illustrator while I watch the superbowl.

The top design would be like a one handed gun that hangs under your right arm inside a coat. Maybe a blaster, or something that fires caseless bullets.

The second design would be more of a straight up submachinegun.

bushmaster%20REVISED%20%5BConverted%5D.jpg
Hope ya like it.

Noeland-----------------------------

try taking apart an angel, you think you sons Ion has alot of parts...WHEW. The Ion uses the exact same setup as my shocker, that stuff is the easy work, try dissasembling the LPR or even the soleniod mount for the angel, of any kind.

Thanks Fred. You made it sound so simple....I'm going to give it a try :D
(Don't hold your breath waiting for the pics though....I have a bit of a queue of projects lined up already)
Noeland ....your ideas are fab and if I was mechanically minded I'd jump on them...especially the second one.
Thanks All
Mandy

No prob, Mandy, glad to be of service.

If you'd like, I can whip up a quick pic in photoshop to show what you'll need for the conversion.

-Fred

Originally posted by Gigatron@Feb 6 2006, 02:26 PM
No prob, Mandy, glad to be of service. 

If you'd like, I can whip up a quick pic in photoshop to show what you'll need for the conversion.

-Fred
[snapback]1177231[/snapback]​

That would be great Fred,Thankyouverymuch. :)

Pics, as promised

leia-blasterA.jpg

For the barrel section, get a 2" section of PVC that fits snugly over the bushmaster barrel. Then get a 3" section of PVC that fits snugly over the first piece of PVC. Assemble the ribbed hose over the barrel pieces.

As far as the part behind the hose on the barrel, that part is up for interpretation. You can use the cutoff feed tube and some odds and ends.

Once you're satisfied with the fit, everything can be made permanent using 5 min. 2 part epoxy. Remove the grips from the bushmaster and spray the whole thing.

Thanks to WC for hosting

Hope it helps,
Fred

I want to get one of those sometime to convert into a bolt action marker. My plan is to lose the pump grip and pistol grip. Get a "new" mauser stock and bore it out to fit the marker. I will attach the bolt handle to the pump connection. My only concern is the air source. I can either bore out the stock for a quick change 12gr adaptor or a small CO2 tank or attach a remote line. I would probably have to get a barrel extension welded on or get a threaded attachment.

I know it isn't a prop, but it is an extensive mod.

Thats brilliant Fred.
I might be able to do an all metal version if I can find enough pieces on the workshop floor... :D
I'll keep you posted
Thanks

Good luck with finding one for your project Dinadin.

if it still works, make an E-11 outa that bad boy.

got to be a way to make the shoulder stock buttplate into a pump handle and make the scope rail or even the scope into a feed hopper.

or better yet , make the blaster body the hopper and hide a small tank in the back

bushblaster.JPG

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back