Burke 115 TOS Bridge Chair Conversion

JW Foust

Recently did this Burke 115 conversion. The upholstery and triangles are all Ralph Miller products, who does a fantastic job on these! This is the slip-on version. Just a whole lot easier than cutting into the chair. The paint was Rustoleum Harbor Blue, which is OK, but just a hair too saturated to my eye. It photographs well enough. This was one of the non-swiveling chairs, so I avoided any mechanism repair issues. I'm not real satisfied with the finish, but the pics didn't pic it up, so I may be overcritical.

105_2233.JPG

105_2239.JPG
105_2233.JPG105_2239.JPG
105_2237.JPG
105_2237.JPG105_2248.JPG105_2245.JPG
105_2248.JPG

Looks great. I was considering the arm-rest version for my office remodel but decided I'd much rather have castors on the feet. Krylon "Peekaboo Blue" is a near dead-on color for these chairs.

Recently did this Burke 115 conversion. The upholstery and triangles are all Ralph Miller products, who does a fantastic job on these! This is the slip-on version. Just a whole lot easier than cutting into the chair. The paint was Rustoleum Harbor Blue, which is OK, but just a hair too saturated to my eye. It photographs well enough. This was one of the non-swiveling chairs, so I avoided any mechanism repair issues. I'm not real satisfied with the finish, but the pics didn't pic it up, so I may be overcritical.

View attachment 1448359

View attachment 1448360View attachment 1448359View attachment 1448360View attachment 1448361View attachment 1448361View attachment 1448363View attachment 1448364View attachment 1448363
Great job on your Burke!

I just stumbled onto a Burke 115 at a reasonable price with no cracks or decades worth of paint slathered on. I have the upgrade parts coming from Ralph but just started my paint research.

The Krylon Peekaboo Blue seems to be the go-to for the chair top while Rustoleum Soft Iron is recommend for the legs / post (both of which—especially Peekaboo Blue—appear to be on the harder to find / more expensive side of the rattle can landscape).

Curious if you went ahead and repainted your chair?

Nope. Became gainfully employed after that and never got around to my second chair. I grew used to it. Somewhere I did a test of the two colors, I'll see if I can find it. Seems like Peekaboo went a hair on the purple side? I couldn't find Peekaboo with the supply issues at the time until after I finished this one. Now, I always find peekaboo when I'm looking for some other color.

Nope. Became gainfully employed after that and never got around to my second chair. I grew used to it. Somewhere I did a test of the two colors, I'll see if I can find it. Seems like Peekaboo went a hair on the purple side? I couldn't find Peekaboo with the supply issues at the time until after I finished this one. Now, I always find peekaboo when I'm looking for some other color.

I think your chair looks great—super clean paint job and the color matches the on-screen look to my eye. The chairs may have been a bit darker when not under bright studio lights but I like your interpretation.

Ah, found 'em! Peekaboo on left and Harbor on right. Don't recall which one was what lighting condition, but the more muted one was more accurate to my eye.
469d71c022981fb08c0bb0c9ecb68cd4f9d37453_2_666x500.jpeg

Attachments

• blues181.jpg
    blues181.jpg
    603 KB · Views: 49

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back