Star Trek TOS: Bridge chair

Aku

Hopefully I'll have one of these coming my way soon. Don't know if it's 100% accurate, but it looks that way to the casual eye and the price is not too steep

Obviously I'll be modifying it to one of the TOS bridge chairs. I know I can buy all the ad-ons but I'd rather see if I can do some myself. Does anyone have any links to doing this; i.e rattle can colours, back and cushion patterns etc

Refurbished Restored Original Arkana Star Base Tulip Chair White Swivel Dining | eBay

I have one of these on my workbench. I dug through a few forum posts (here, TPZ, and TFW) for my project and there are a handful of different colors suggested, but I decided to go with Krylon Peekaboo Blue (51517) for the chair and Rustoleum Dark Pewter (textured, 7221830) for the pedestal base. If I remember correctly, these are the colors used by some of the fan films (Star Trek Continues and/or Phase II)

Chair guru Ralph Miller uses Rustoleum Spa Blue. That's what he initially painted the STC chairs (and probably Phase II's as well).
Starting with STC episode 7, the chairs were repainted Krylon Sky Blue, as Vic did some comparison tests and found the Spa Blue has a tiny bit of green in it he didn't want. Which one is closer to Desilu I have no idea.

The stands of STC's chairs were initially some obscure brand spray that was a very dark grey rather than black (similar to how the Phaser I is really a dark grey, but it wasn't that paint). During the course of production, just like the original series, repaints tended to be whatever black spray we had on hand, but most ended up with any brand of Satin black.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back