Builds By Baz- Full scale Mk II Colonial Viper

I have made a decision, that I will NOT be posting WIP photos of the Viper trailer build.

I have already had too many keyboard warriors and, "experts" mouthing off. I have good help and guidance from people in the industry, so I'm fine.

This means the Viper group is going to be pretty quiet for some time and honestly, I need the break.
I might even be able to head out bush a bit more.

Rest assured that as the money comes in over the next few months, I will be cutting, drilling, bending and welding like a crazy man at every opportunity.

Happy new year and may 2024 fill your buckets.

Baz out.
Yep mate...you need a break after all of those months working on various projects (the Viper being the main one:unsure:).
Eager to see it on the trailer. As far as arm chair "warriors" are concerned...you know where they can put their "advices":whistle::whistle:
Happy 2024 to you and your family:cool::cool:(y)(y)

So far I've not been able to raise the money I need to purchase steel, suspension, braking and electrics to build this trailer. I have a heap of stock on my shop, but no luck selling yet.

In my bored state of waiting, I decided to gather together some scrap aircraft engine parts, shed offcuts, a rusty old steel bucket and a box of brass and copper scrap components.

I put together a bit of a FrankenBaz engine facade, totally non-cannon, and cut a hole to fit it into the top of the port engine nacelle. I soldered my first circuit board ever and gave it some blinking lights to bring it to life.

I like it.

UFkkaR8.jpg

KRXe1tj.jpg

uIA1Izx.jpg

J6xVC2G.jpg

D104rjc.jpg

pK9bF6l.jpg

OrXgHVz.jpg

Really great work. Love your detail work creating genuinely “functional” components. On a smaller model that is obviously easier than a full sized version. My early background as an aircraft mechanic appreciates the engine, welding, structural, and aluminum skin work. Absolutely incredible love of a design icon that displays your impressive skills and construction art. Sad that a few negative comments, but that is the world today. Do not let an ignorant few dampen your spirit. Great pictures and contribution to this website master craftsmen Baz.

Last edited:
Baz,

I haven't had time to check updates for a bit. Once again, I am completely blown away by your skill and passion.

A thought I had about your engine detail not being "cannon" to the show. Heck, I now think of details not on the show's vipers are "not Baz!"

Keep rockin' it. So say we all!!

Cheers,

Ted.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back