Building the 8' Star Destroyer (superstructures done)

Well finally some updates ! Not big ones though :)

It took me a week to figure all the angles of the engine area, I ended up with something I like even if I know I'm a bit off here and there, it's impossible to get it 100% perfect but life is too short !

8ft386_zpsde9ebf9c.jpg

Yea life too short..engine kit bashed looking great,dont know what else to say,youre just too good Julien and you know it;)

Don

Heck, at this point, He'll be able to rent it to Disney/ILM to shoot the new Star Wars movie. Looks great, Julien! I'm glad to see some progress!

Well finally some updates ! Not big ones though :)

It took me a week to figure all the angles of the engine area, I ended up with something I like even if I know I'm a bit off here and there, it's impossible to get it 100% perfect but life is too short !

8ft386_zpsde9ebf9c.jpg

Julien your 50% strive for perfection surpasses most of us here lol....stunning work mate, nice to see you back at the big girl!

lee

OK, here you go !

While I bought enough Sherman, I had to cast some suspension parts because I lost one full kit... Well it could have been worse, I bought them 3 years agoa nd they came in bag so they can easily be lost.

Im back at casting (I'm casting your last parts too guys, you know who you are :p) ! And I'm casting better and better ! Now I can cast intricate parts without any problem :

8ft387_zps300b9435.jpg

8ft388_zpsc1d786cc.jpg

Well unfortunatly those little rods are very fragile and I broken most of them when manipulating the large assembly :D Some of them are broken on the original so I wont cry for that.

That's 3 days of work (not counting the blueprint drawing time) :

8ft389_zps23b33e49.jpg

8ft390_zpsf0c5d4f3.jpg

8ft391_zps7f4add31.jpg

8ft392_zpsdaa76619.jpg

8ft393_zps84a051d8.jpg

8ft394_zps67d99bee.jpg

That's all for now !

I have some more parts to find, I will post them soon, we never know. :)

Thanks for looking !

3 days!!!!!! Three months for me lol, really great work Julien!
Soooo when do you think you wiil really get into the full main hull build, and, where are you putting her haha, its....... BIG!

Lee

3 days!!!!!! Three months for me lol, really great work Julien!
Soooo when do you think you wiil really get into the full main hull build, and, where are you putting her haha, its....... BIG!

Lee

Thanks Lee !

Well I thought 3 days was a lot for that work. But I should admit i stared at ref pics sometimes for hourd to ID parts. I colored a lot of parts on pics to ask you guys if you had any idea about them, Ive never posted them yet because I found most of the parts after making the maps. Lol

Well those are good questions. When Ill be ready to start the hull ? First when Ill get the money to get it the plexi and wood parts cut, the steel armature welded.*

Then (and it's a bit your second question) I need to clean up my workshop and make some room for her. That's where im going to build her and where she will be displayed.

Ive got some cool info from Paul Huston like what kind of wood he used to build the inner frame. Those are precious info to get a strong frame !

Sounds good Julien, well, i guess at some point, we may have to have an RPF fundraiser for you to get this done lol, cant thing of a build, in recent years that has this kind of caliber.......i know the Gal's show up from time to time.....but Avenger is on another level.
Its cool your workshop, will also house Avenger, TBH, my workspace is housing much of my builds now, i kinda like working while in the company of them.

lee

Haha I could set up a kickstarter project to raise some funds, not sure it would have any success though lol

Yes there are several galactica around there, but guys have been working on drawings for several years now and plans and parts are available I believe !

Im not aware of another tesb ISD ? Anyway I think it takes a bit more room than the gal (240x135cm), that would be interesting to get both displayed together ! Maybe I'll build a gal someday as I like it very much. :)

Well I have no other choice than display her in the shop as it's a no-no for my wife to get her displayed in another place of the house, she's already very cool about the R2 unit (but I should admit artoo is much more appealing for hear than a big triangle lol).

The bad thing is that the ISD will take most of my shop so I will likely never be able to build something else that big.*

One other major problem will be the paint stage. There's no way I can paint something that big indoor.

"The bad thing is that the ISD will take most of my shop so I will likely never be able to build something else that big."

how about takle the Nebulon , i sure need a European builder companion :love

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back