Building the 8' Star Destroyer (superstructures done)

Hey Julien

Thanks for sharing your workmethods.. Really inspirational. Helps me get a grasp of how to tackle the bigger projects on my To-Build list the best way.

Thanks guys, hope that helps, I'm not sure if that's the best method, but this one one works the best for me when possible (harder when there's no kitpart ! :lol)

Hehe yeah Eric :) Actually they used the Enterprise kit because of the bridge part and the very front part (not pictured in my drawing). :)

You've probably found this by now but this looks to be the Quad Gun Tractor

isddomepart.jpg

hey KB

Great find ... I was looking through a s***load of 1/72 kitscans yesterday to try and find this part for Julien .... but no luck .... I see I was looking all the wrong places :D

This is looking beautiful. I am glad that you are sticking to this. I hope that when you are done with this thing. George Lucas him self will be green with envy and wonder why up and down he did not hire you for the model making job. So keep at it!

All the best!
Alex

Thank you guys !

I wish you all a Happy New Year !

I moved to my new house house next week, but I still have to pack-up all my SS models (that's safer to do it by my own).

archives.jpg

archives2.jpg

archives3.jpg

archives4.jpg

I hope I'll have some significant progress made on the 8 footer this year !

Julien

Last edited:
Happy new year to you too J. Better you than me, moving that SS collection mate, you got a decent van to haul those goodies?.:lol
Looking forward to your progress this year on the SD, this is one of the must watch threads of all time.
Stu

Thanks Stu ! :) Hehe no van, that's why that's hard but fortunatly I dont have the whole Star Destroyer to move (not yet though :p).

I really hope to start working on the inner structure and frame soon !

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back