Building the 8' Star Destroyer (superstructures done)

Re: Building the 8' Star Destroyer (portside primered, lots of pics)

Working on a repair job for the original, would be like winning the Modellers-Lottery for me!

Were these pics taken after the 8' SD and the 5' Xwing got misplaced and damaged while being transported from one exhibit to another?
I heard the damage to the SD after it was finally found again was big.

Tim

I'll ask where its at now. He may not know because he's in the modelshop.

I've been begging to visit the archive. All I know, is if I ever get to visit, I'm bringing a camera, caliper, tape measure, and gallons of RTV!!!:love

Last edited:

Wow thanks JP for those pics !
Yes if he has more, I would love to see them, of course !

I know she was in South America last year, I dont know if she's back to the Archives.

Your friend is a very lucky guy ! Thanks for sharing those pics with us. (y)love

Awesome pics. I'm sure they are very careful but I wold be so nervous of accidently knocking the ISD on a stilt over...

Sorry Julien if im getting a little off track here.

From my buddy at Kerner, I'd like to call this segment of the thread:

Jealous much?:love

391073426.jpg

391073417.jpg

391073416.jpg

Sorry Julien if im getting a little off track here.

From my buddy at Kerner, I'd like to call this segment of the thread:

Jealous much?:love

391073426.jpg

391073417.jpg

391073416.jpg

Very cool, I had the chance to see those 3 models twice, probably after the restoration I guess ! Those are not worth the ISD though.

Very cool, I had the chance to see those 3 models twice, probably after the restoration I guess ! Those are not worth the ISD though.

Oh I agree! The ISD is a piece of art, but I did get permission to visit for a tour at Kerner. I think they may still be there.

Good question! I think he was worried about all us 16-year old blokes from N.Ireland going over to France and stealing your beautiful ladies off the Frenchmen! LOL
I'm making a note of your chat-up lines, just in case I bump into Vanessa Paradis the next time I'm in France :love

Well I think she's already with a pirate... :lol

Yep, but it might be too direct to start out with in the typical Parisian night club? :$
Maybe "Voulez-vous prendre un Bacardi-Breezer?" 5 or 6 of those later, and the answer to "Voulez-vous couchez avec moi ce soir?" might be more successful! :lol

Very true John, that would work well ! If she wants a drink of course... :p

I'd be glad to help you out there mate... I've got loads of floorspace a la Maison de Stormtrooper....just give me the word and I'll be over in a van with a 'Fistful of Euros' :angel
And we can practice some of those French 'chat-up lines' at the local hot-spots? Maybe I'll return home with une petite Francais mademoiselle to go along with the greatest Studio Scale model I've ever seen! :love

You have more chance to return with a petite mademoiselle than with my model John ! :lol But you'll get more chance with the girl if you come with a Mercedes, Porsche or Ferrari... A van is not really attractive for your girls ! :lol

Well Ive been spending a full week, working 12-14 hours a day for almost nothing to show lol

Ive scribbed the hero side, cut and glued the little styrene chips all over the hero side and found some more parts to glue on the shelves. The hero side is about 98% finished now but Im still looking for a few parts that I cant find due to the lack of reference...

Thanks for looking and sorry for the color of the pics, I had 2 temperatures of color in the room...

8ft294.jpg

8ft295.jpg

8ft296.jpg

8ft297.jpg

8ft298.jpg

8ft299.jpg

8ft300.jpg

8ft301.jpg

8ft302.jpg

8ft303.jpg

8ft304.jpg

8ft305.jpg

8ft306.jpg

8ft307.jpg

Outstanding, the detailing is over the top! So how many kits went into this so far, did you happen to make a kit list?

Do you have any pics of the Starboard side?

Greatest Studio Scale build of all times!!! The time, money and effort is astonishing! All original kits right? You're not using any castings????

Wow Julien. You've really kicked the bar so high on this one its out of sight! - just a joy to watch :)

I'm just amazed that you will have the space to display this once its done.

N

I have no words, this is just incredible.

Tox, is one crazy French man. this is so cool. its going to be crazy to see this finished. i cant wait.

dont.gif

I think my head might explode from the sheer awesomeness of this build!!

Thanks again for sharing...

Hi Juilen,

Absoultely, anything for SS model can't be compared to your ISD...:thumbsup

thanks Eric.

Ah...he'll never finish it.

M.T. I'll buy it off you cheap.

Seriously though, I can't help but wonder how you can do so much work on this while having a family and a Day job, unless you're filthy rich. We are all so envious of you as you are doing what every one else dreams of doing.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back