Building my new aliens pulse rifle.

It was kind of funny seeing the "raw" picture of the bench with all the fix-it stuff that seems to be universal to repair stations. Hysol, painter's bucket, little red widget bin...my avionics bench often looks very similar. :)

Thanks for posting all of the construction pictures. I've got a PR kit that I picked up some years ago with roughly a quadrillion little pieces (all plastic and resin) that I've yet to try and tackle. Seeing all the major pieces go together on yours has given me some ideas as to how to go about starting on mine. I'm pretty much out of the prop hobby these days, but I still want to make the PR one day to hang p on the rack with all my real guns. :)

Congrats on an amazing build!

Awesome build! Not sure if I missed it, I'll have to re-read the thread, but did you use Brown Bess for the shroud or something else?

I'm installing the ReplicantFX module in mine as we speak. As soon as I find a good barrel I'll wrap up mine and post pics.

I have to say ,thats very impressive ,simply impressive ,love how ya made it happen ................, mine took me a year to build ,how long did yours take to make ???

Tis is probably my favourite movie gun of all time. You have done a fantastic job. One of the best scratch builds I've seen.

Excellent work - I'm in the middle of getting my stuff back from Matsuo as well and can't wait to get mine together.

What fiberglass cloth did you use - and what paint did you use? I'm shooting for almost this exact effect...

I located my fastner back far enough so that with the barrel removed it can be tightened with a normal allen wrench. You can also hold the nut on the cage side with the GL block and barrel removed. I did however have a problem with tightning the allen I have to secure the upper barrel to the frount ring. I just took a normal allen wrench, and cut it down with a cutoff wheel.

Hope that helps. Here are a few closeups of what I did with mine.:)
nutkz6.jpg

boltheadcb3.jpg

cutallenwrenchuv9.jpg

how wide and long and thick is the metal bar to hold the spas cage plz ?

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back