building my first costume

dalkorn

Hi everyone,

I started work on this a while back put it got put on hold after about a month of work but I have decided to start work on it again and get the complete suit finished.

Building everything from scratch using spare bits I have around the house and old DIY stuff, except the biohelm, that I got online and then battle damaged it with the dremel and painted it up.

Anyways, pics speak a thousand words so here they are.

The unpainted battle damaged biomask
SP_A0190.jpg

The undercoated shoulder cannon
SP_A0141.jpg

The WIP torso armour
SP_A0217.jpg

The biomask,dreads,shoulder cannon, wrist blades and skull trophy (unpainted)
SP_A0142.jpg

The painted shoulder cannon
SP_A0199.jpg

Another shot of the shoulder cannon
SP_A0146.jpg

The painted biomask, shoulder cannon and shoulder pad
SP_A0143.jpg

I have done a few other things but they are still too early in the build phase to take pics of yet. The other shoulder pad is built but not painted, the trophy necklace is almost finished and the wrist computer is built but not got around to painting it yet as I am unhappy with the shape at the moment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well done ! The less we can say is that it is really impressive for a scratchbuilt armor !!
I particularly like the shoulder cannon and the backpack !

wow. really nice scratch build stuff there. its awesome to see people scratch build as good as sculpted.

keep the pics coming

Thanks guys, I have a few days off work soon so I can crack on a bit more. I have decided that the wrist computer I have built (which I wasn't happy with, way to bulky) works better as the wrist blade unit so I will be making some modifications to that on my days off and will upload some pics of how it goes.

This is the first 1:1 scale work I have done, before this I have only ever scratchbuilt models of scifi ships/buildings. The armour I am fairly confident I can pull off apart from the black neck piece, still not sure how to do that yet. Now the organic parts (suit basically) I havent even thoughts about yet.

My pred design is sort of a cross between P1 and P2....loved the high tech look of P2 (especially the disc).

Still working on this, have almost finished the blade gauntlet now, just a few details to add then paint up, will post some pics later. Also am almost finished making the trophy sash and necklace, just got to paint up another skull. Anyways, I am off work tomorrow so can crack on and will have some pics to upload. If any ones got any advice on how to make the black neckpiece it would be much appreciated, am currently thinking on using thin black tubing you can use in fishtank filters to get the shape, glue them together and then cut at the back and join with velcro strips.

wow that looks great! you are working fast the blades look just like the blade built i posted recently :eek: love it

OK, haven't posted in a while but getting back on track now.

Thanks to real life giving me a hard time lately I haven't been able to work on this as planned but am no longer in hospital and no longer having surgery so hopefully during my time off work I will be able to get some work done on this costume.

The blade gauntlet is built and am currently dremelling the blades to give them a nice sharp edge ready for painting. I also found some nice miniature dinosaur skulls in a model shop for £1.98 each. Each skull is 12cm long so I bought a couple to go with the other skulls and teeth I have for the trophy necklace.

Just need to go and get some more black primer tomorrow for undercoating the rest of the torso armour and I will have some new pics to show.

OK, small update. Still no black primer so getting on with building other stuff and painting up parts for the trophy sash.

The blades are made from 3mm shatterproof perspex, the stuff used in shop display cabinets. Extremely tough and not too thick, they do look thicker than they are in the pictures. Then I have detailed them up using shapes cut from carbboard. I still need to add a clasp to keep the gauntlet closed, so I will be hunting through my bits boxes later to see what I have to use.

The trophy necklace is what it looks like, a bunch of teeth and bones I grabbed from some halloween stuff last year and some model skulls. One of the skulls is from a toy I found at a carboot, the whole things cost around 20 pence so was a bargain purchase (its the white alien looking skull to the right of the large claw. The claw I made, I cut out a claw shape from thick cardboard then built the shape using wood filler. That stuff dries REALLY hard, is sandable and drillable.

172075_1800633771728_1116301538_32134416_2586634_o.jpg

171465_1800630051635_1116301538_32134409_4436225_o.jpg

170836_1800631931682_1116301538_32134412_8228239_o.jpg

your gauntlets look amazing . love the baldes . trophy necklace looks great with the dinosaur skulls . great work keep us up to date.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back