Build: Luke Macrobinoculars (ANH Hero)

eethan

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
ok, all good, I figured it out.
too bad, as often with those old cameras, it is destructive as you need to remove the vinil cover. also, as usual the last screw just won't un thread, so even more destructive.
I didn't manage to remove the thing on the bottom left, but removing the 3 screws was enough to make the threaded ring inside slide off.
IMG_20220612_110905.jpg

Jamesfett

Sr Member
The one screw not coming out after the others unscrewed easily kept happening to me as well. Perhaps they always glued one in place???? It was odd.

Jediseth

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Thank you. Is there any way to remove the front plate in a non destructive way? I'm not finding screws.
Cheers
There may be with special tools, but I’ve never been able to not destroy it. I think the push button threads on, try taking that off.

bobasfett

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
As some of you know, I am starting to tinker with my build after decades of collecting parts, really since each of the found parts were originally discovered. Many of you also know as an engineer, I am a picky MF'er (my wife says anal). Anyway, this seems to be the 'official' macro thread now, so thought suitable to post this here.

I recently found my Seagull items and have completely taken my large Seagull knob apart to look at assembly techniques using the Bell and Howell parts. Sorry to say but based on my visual analysis, I don't see how the BH 'cross bar' was used. It sets the little Seagull wavy plate too far into the assembly as compared to the all too familiar screen captures of the macros prior to the tusken fight. Photos below are just a quick demo (I realize the angle and orientation isn't 100% correct) but I think you can see in the screen capture that the wavy plate is rather shallow relative to the outer edge of the knob. .

IMG_E5469[1].JPG Screenshot 2022-06-23 110222.jpg

To me it looks like a small square rod of some sort, not the BH knob. I plan to do some mockups but wanted to see if anyone else came to the same conclusion. And sorry in advance if this has already been covered, or if I'm opening old wounds. :) Thank you all in advance for the feedback guys!

Seneca

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
As some of you know, I am starting to tinker with my build after decades of collecting parts, really since each of the found parts were originally discovered. Many of you also know as an engineer, I am a picky MF'er (my wife says anal). Anyway, this seems to be the 'official' macro thread now, so thought suitable to post this here.

I recently found my Seagull items and have completely taken my large Seagull knob apart to look at assembly techniques using the Bell and Howell parts. Sorry to say but based on my visual analysis, I don't see how the BH 'cross bar' was used. It sets the little Seagull wavy plate too far into the assembly as compared to the all too familiar screen captures of the macros prior to the tusken fight. Photos below are just a quick demo (I realize the angle and orientation isn't 100% correct) but I think you can see in the screen capture that the wavy plate is rather shallow relative to the outer edge of the knob. .

View attachment 1590607 View attachment 1590608

To me it looks like a small square rod of some sort, not the BH knob. I plan to do some mockups but wanted to see if anyone else came to the same conclusion. And sorry in advance if this has already been covered, or if I'm opening old wounds. :) Thank you all in advance for the feedback guys!
I put them together in this order

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220625-225855_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20220625-225855_Photos.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 24

bobasfett

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I did the same but without the clear piece. Again, the use of the B&H knob sets the wavy plate too far into the Seagull knob compared to the prop. The only way it can be correct is if the screen capture is somehow distorted and that is not the wavy plate that we can see. I just don’t think that is the case.

bobasfett

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Yes we agree there…the wavy plate is under ‘something’. What I am trying to say is the BH grey knob is too ‘tall’ to allow the wavy plate to be in the correct depth position inside the Seagull knob, so I do not think the BH knob is on this prop.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.