Build: Luke Macrobinoculars (ANH Hero)

View attachment 777634

Looking at this image is really giving me a headache as to where how the transition box is fitted. It would appear it overhangs a bit?

I also think the wedge has a rectangular element to it and the triangular bit is not quite so acute. Imagine the tip cut off the current wedge - that look.

Attachments

• wedge.JPG
    wedge.JPG
    9.7 KB · Views: 146
Last edited:
I don't understand what's giving you a headache about the image. Yeah, the TBox overhangs, a little, on the side.

I don't understand what's giving you a headache about the image. Yeah, the TBox overhangs, a little, on the side.
On this picture you can see the overhang clearly
620943-19a6f5014b3935a17bab8f887c592281.jpg

However, I think if its offset in this way it leaves a gap on the other side like so
620944-5fc9c98d7d2ef57c4fa07997a2128ae3.jpg

Which is why I don't think the 'new' mystery bit is triangular in shape, if people have covered the gap, (and this is the same if the top of the Kalimar body is used) it would be in the wrong position.
Whatever is on the side certainly flares but I don't this the shape that's out there is correct - just my thoughts.

Attachments

• lukemacros.jpg
    lukemacros.jpg
    594.9 KB · Views: 199
  • IMG_4276.JPG
    IMG_4276.JPG
    6.6 MB · Views: 207
Yes it overhangs, yes there is a gap and yes the tringle box covers it.

and its definetly triangle and open on the front side.
DSC05918m.jpg

DSC00241 (Large).JPG

This is how i went with mine. Its slid up a tad in this pic though since it just sits over a flat piece of aluminum and is held with pressure from the trans box.and my transistion box curve section needs to be longer. Something i plan to remake.

IMG_5208m.jpg

Last edited:
Ya that's how I built mine, its not a perfect triangle, its flat on the small end, it may even by slanted on the small end which is what ill do when I remake my trans box. Im going to change mine in a few ways, hard to describe what I want to change though. I want the side the eumig knob is attached to to be recessed a tad.

I didnt take any pictures of that. There is a piece of aluminum glued or screwed ( i dont remember now) to the side of the trans box and the triangle sits on it. The aluminum part is the same size as the inside of the triangle. When the trans box is tightened down to the eumig face it pinches the lower triangle lip between the aluminum piece and the ledge that you were asking about. The ledge that shows because the trans box is offset. I was going to glue it in but the pressure was enough to keep it there.

I don't think I've got the slightest idea what y'all are talking about.

Here's my latest design, wedge prints separate, disc for mounting the knob prints separate as well. Everything screws together, everything that can turn, can turn!
0118192138.jpg
0118192139.jpg
0118192139a.jpg
0118192139b.jpg
0118192140.jpg

Are you telling me that now I've got to redesign this thing, AGAIN?! :)

....so what are most people doing when it comes to attaching the lens plate to the Eumig, are you screwing it into place, or using rivets?

Marv, I've never used rivets to attach a lens plate, never even considered that it could've been done that way, originally. I suppose it's entirely possible, but I see screws on the Stunt version, so I'm betting either screws or glue for the Hero.

The (Russrep) lens plate on my current Hero is just glued on. Lots of CA glue, and it's never come off. I do also have a DEC plate, and I'm not sure I'm going to switch to it or not, but if I do, it'll be bolted on, with the provided bolts.

I'm still trying to figure out what you're talking about regarding the wedge on the TBox!! Please help me understand! ;)

Does this not look correct?
0118192138.jpg
0118192140.jpg
0118192139b.jpg
0118192139a.jpg
0118192139.jpg

The image that Zombie Killer posted of his side box was what I was trying to describe. I don't think it's simply a triangle shape, if you see how he has it as there is a flat bit on the front the angle is not so great either. When you look at a couple of the shots the front of the transition box looks a little wider, which is what got me thinking that way.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back