Build: Luke Macrobinoculars (ANH Hero)

Mine came mounted this way. Just turn yours around!
Mine were no where near the long. I'd have to go buy some longer ones. This model dose not show any rods or screws :)

IMG_9697.JPG

IMG_9697.JPG

Lol just off some toy. Did your bracket come with another part? My came with two parts. Two small screws held them together. How long are your?

The part came in a baggy with the green connector, and the mounting bracket with the two screws, two tiny washers, and two tiny nuts. Length of the screws is about 13.22mm. Most of the panels I'm finding don't have the full coverage housing >_<

Dont know if you seen my post, i sent you a pm ☺

The part came in a baggy with the green connector, and the mounting bracket with the two screws, two tiny washers, and two tiny nuts. Length of the screws is about 13.22mm. Most of the panels I'm finding don't have the full coverage housing >_<

Agreed! All the parts I've found so far are from Sony equipment. I wonder what the actual OEM of these parts is though.

EDIT: These are the style I've been finding on Sonys. They look like partial coverage to me (plus one wacky scalloped one)

uYOJYs2.jpg

Here's a close up from the ue-400, which we know has the full coverage (can be seen near the bottom of the connector here).

4JenSMK.jpg

Last edited:
In the interests of giving for anybody in the UK and Europe there is a UK supplier that can provide the external metal shell for a fiver ( if you don't want to wait). Its the one on the left of veektohrs picture .
Its the newer model BUT what you can do is modify it fairly easily OR when you get an original (eventually) you just swop one of the plates over so you effectively can make a second one ,given you will only need one plate showing on the surface of the macros. Or perhaps you can swop with somebody whose got an original, it is nearly Christmas after all. At least thats what I have done. And it may take the pressure off people looking for these.
It would be nice to think that nobody will just buy all these and then sell them on at a profit. Given the generous sharing thats gone on in this thread to solve this mystery, I debated doing just that to prevent that, but as there are only ten or so left I'll leave it up to your own individual conscious.
The other female connector is proving more difficult to find, even the supplier whose dealt with these kind of parts for years has rarely seen them sold separately. They do look like an easy item to cast though.
PM me for details

In the interests of giving for anybody in the UK and Europe there is a UK supplier that can provide the external metal shell for a fiver ( if you don't want to wait). Its the one on the left of veektohrs picture .
Its the newer model BUT what you can do is modify it fairly easily OR when you get an original (eventually) you just swop one of the plates over so you effectively can make a second one ,given you will only need one plate showing on the surface of the macros. Or perhaps you can swop with somebody whose got an original, it is nearly Christmas after all. At least thats what I have done. And it may take the pressure off people looking for these.
It would be nice to think that nobody will just buy all these and then sell them on at a profit. Given the generous sharing thats gone on in this thread to solve this mystery, I debated doing just that to prevent that, but as there are only ten or so left I'll leave it up to your own individual conscious.
The other female connector is proving more difficult to find, even the supplier whose dealt with these kind of parts for years has rarely seen them sold separately. They do look like an easy item to cast though.
PM me for details
Have sent you a PM and an in the UK would like to get one if I can.

The Parts of Star Wars is now selling the (seemingly inaccurate) version of the male plug on their Facebook store. A bit disappointing, as they don't acknowledge on their page that this is a recent discovery, and that the true origin of the piece is yet to be confirmed. At least they're not charging an arm and a leg, per say.

Screenshot_2017-11-25-22-14-46.pngScreenshot_2017-11-25-22-14-46.png

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back