budget predator build .

badblood89

Hello everyone ! .
i decided to make a predator suit from scratch out of upholstery foam however i never worked with upholstery foam so maybe i could get some tips on how to make a predator suit out of foam tips are always welcome ! .

It all depends on what your budget is ...? Some people will tell you that there is plenty of posts here on Predatorium but it depends on your project badblood89 Glenn. I would suggest you begin step by step with some pieces of armor then you can try latex or even sculpting your own costume. Try the Guyver Mr Incredible suit first then just let your experience and imagination works.

It all depends on what your budget is ...? Some people will tell you that there is plenty of posts here on Predatorium but it depends on your project badblood89 Glenn. I would suggest you begin step by step with some pieces of armor then you can try latex or even sculpting your own costume. Try the Guyver Mr Incredible suit first then just let your experience and imagination works.
i have tried sculpting in the past but due to my lack of skill in mold making i decided to go with a more cheaper route i was thinking of making the the mask in paper mache and then cover it with multiple layers of latex to create a second skin but unfortunately im still having a hard time on how to make a good base mask in paper mache to build up the layers of the mask . my design is going to be a elder predator btw

badblood89 Glenn! Alright! Wow that is cool, did you know that when you make a Elder that his traits of character should be used ... what i mean by that is his teeth must be old and cracked. more yellow-orange than white.... Elders tend to also have more teeth than newbies. They also have a capillary color whiter than black... I buy SUGRU silicone glue than you can sculpt into PREDATOR HAIR... SUGRU glue can be found on EBAY....Also dont forget when you create your elder armor to do battle damage on his armor.

badblood89 Glenn! Alright! Wow that is cool, did you know that when you make a Elder that his traits of character should be used ... what i mean by that is his teeth must be old and cracked. more yellow-orange than white.... Elders tend to also have more teeth than newbies. They also have a capillary color whiter than black... I buy SUGRU silicone glue than you can sculpt into PREDATOR HAIR... SUGRU glue can be found on EBAY....Also dont forget when you create your elder armor to do battle damage on his armor.
are trophy allowed on a elder predator btw ? i wanted to add some skulls on my armor .

badblood89 Glenn of COURSE! But i would strongly suggest more original ideas like Aliens skulls uniques ones ....... more than old human skulls...human skulls is too much used so NOT an original idea... ;) just saying ...for example last year i wanted to buy a reduced GODZILLA skull to put on my armor... 12 inches kind of..

badblood89 Glenn of COURSE! But i would strongly suggest more original ideas like Aliens skulls uniques ones ....... more than old human skulls...human skulls is too much used so NOT an original idea... ;) just saying ...for example last year i wanted to buy a reduced GODZILLA skull to put on my armor... 12 inches kind of..
oh i see do you have pictures of your costume btw ? would love to see it !

Here is my $.02 if you plan on building a cost effective suit using the foam get some spray adhesive. This will help prevent the foam from soaking up the latex. I did both the upholstery foam and molding my own . There are good information on my build . I ended up using my low budget mold to creature the ultracal mold . Hope this help.

Vebo1 Not very good for environment #justsaying ;) Yes it works BUT we also have to think about climate change which is more important ... so yup ... Here is what i would say before you mess up with chemicals spray's and so on... try non toxic clay and materials before getting VERY high toxic and cancer starter materials ... THAT IS MY MOST IMPORTANT TIP OF THE DAY....you do as you wish

badblood89 Sure here is me in my costume :D
dcc8osy-31107f1b-c69d-484c-9359-40c039a548e7.jpg

dcixhai-5f9f52f4-5cfa-4c72-ae2f-c4064e1a8119.jpg

win_20181013_22_08_32_pro_by_norbert2009_dcpdo6a-fullview.jpg

I made A mask but not this one :( I wish I could know the trick to how to create a nice mask...let me show you the mask i made for my character Jir'Xar..
WIN_20180410_21_08_47_Pro.jpg

t
I made A mask but not this one :( I wish I could know the trick to how to create a nice mask...let me show you the mask i made for my character Jir'Xar..View attachment 271987
thats looks really good ! how did you make your mask for Jir Xar ? im asuming latex ? sorry if im asking so many questions but the mask is just such a challenge to make .

Last edited:
I got a spandex suit on Ebay. chinese 3XL fits slightly tight. I'm around 200 lbs and 5'10"ish.
you'll need some muscle in the chest which could be cut 2D from upholstery foam then snipped little by little with scissors to get the curves and 3D look then all muscles glued to an A shirt and worn underneath or glued to the inside of the spandex if you're daring. not sure if the glue would snap through. not shiny but much more breathable than latex and pretty cost effective.

New Halloween Men Kids Cosplay Anime Zentai Jumpsuit Superhero Predator Plugsuit | eBay

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back